Sunday, December 18, 2005

Stats, Stats and more Stats

One of the more interesting things I've noticed about the fertility logs I've been perusing is the predilection for disclosing that a person does indeed belong in the infertile category (primary or secondary - is there such a thing as tertiary???). Not one to buck a decent trend, here goes (in chronological order)

1. One child at age 37 (for which I am forever grateful - even on bad days)

2. One missed MC (at 12.5 weeks) - age 39

3. One early MC (around 5 - 6 weeks) - age 40

4. One superov converted to IVF - 4 embryos transferred (none left to freeze) - missed MC at 7 weeks

5. IVF #2 - 2 blastocysts transferred (very good quality - 5 frozen) - nothing

6. IVF #3 - 2 blastocysts transferred (extremely good quality - 3 frozen) - nothing

7. IVF #4 - 4 embryos transferred (extremely good quality - 5 frozen) - nothing

8. Natural conception (age 42) - missed MC at 10 weeks

9. Dithering 43 year old with frozen embyoes.


Reviewing my stats I'd say that yep, I belong in the infertile category - kind of depressing (I guess it's the kind of club that no one really wants to belong to).

On the bright side (???) 2 days until my in-laws are in town.

D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home