May they all return
Well, "the boys" are off for their first fishing trip (with another father/son duo). It's only about 10 minutes away and both Dad's are very strong swimmers. Gee, it sounds like I think there may be some trouble.
My son was way more interested in packing snacks than in anything fish related - to him fishing means slurping on juice and eating crackers and pumpkin seeds.
I told my husband that if they actually catch anything - "throw it back, throw it back" (I think my son would be horrified if they actually killed the fish, although I could be wrong on this - visions of my son happily wacking a fish with a big stick). My husband did his rolling of the eyes and just nodded so lord knows what he'll do if they do catch anything.
Maybe it's a good thing I haven't been able to have more kids - I think being this concerned and protective of more than one child would be near to impossible to maintain.
As to the in-laws - they are happily back in their part of the country. Their final visit (a day at our house) went far better than expected (not that I'm signing up for more visits anytime soon). As she went out the door, my mother-in-law said that she thought my son was quite a bit like me. I was flattered until I remembered that she doesn't like me very much and then I was insulted on behalf of my son - oh yes, I am a quick study.)
As to the comment about some crates of booze being sufficient to entice someone to take the in-laws off my hands: how many crates?
D
Well, "the boys" are off for their first fishing trip (with another father/son duo). It's only about 10 minutes away and both Dad's are very strong swimmers. Gee, it sounds like I think there may be some trouble.
My son was way more interested in packing snacks than in anything fish related - to him fishing means slurping on juice and eating crackers and pumpkin seeds.
I told my husband that if they actually catch anything - "throw it back, throw it back" (I think my son would be horrified if they actually killed the fish, although I could be wrong on this - visions of my son happily wacking a fish with a big stick). My husband did his rolling of the eyes and just nodded so lord knows what he'll do if they do catch anything.
Maybe it's a good thing I haven't been able to have more kids - I think being this concerned and protective of more than one child would be near to impossible to maintain.
As to the in-laws - they are happily back in their part of the country. Their final visit (a day at our house) went far better than expected (not that I'm signing up for more visits anytime soon). As she went out the door, my mother-in-law said that she thought my son was quite a bit like me. I was flattered until I remembered that she doesn't like me very much and then I was insulted on behalf of my son - oh yes, I am a quick study.)
As to the comment about some crates of booze being sufficient to entice someone to take the in-laws off my hands: how many crates?
D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home