The More Things Change
I have just realized that this is a perfect place to stop blogging (although I doubt that's going to happen).
So, why the perfect place? Because I am right back where I was last December when I assumed the alter ego of DinoD. I guess the only difference is that I am about 2.5 months from the last miscarriage rather than just 4 weeks.
I am still dealing with all the emotional crap from the last miscarriage and the in-laws are coming to town this weekend. The last in-law visit saw me sobbing at the local carousel while my son (and husband) went around in never-ending circles. You really need to have the whole visual and auditory input here - old restored carousel, loud Wurlitzer organ music, multitudes of children laughing and babies cooing and DinoD sobbing in the corner telling a relative to "just leave me alone, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE."
The carousel incident (as I like to call it) happened on the same day that I had already been subjected to a lecture about how I need to do so much more for my in-laws. Damn, I hate being lectured to by idiots.
Hum, I wonder if this is how my students feel? Speaking of which, I only failed about 60% of them (which is around 10-20% more than what I normally do). I am just waiting for all the snarky comments to start appearing on "rate my professor" - actually I have been fairly lucky in the past that at least some of my good students leave kind comments.
I want a "rate my students" website - I could enter things like "this student will never come to class and will fail all three midterms but will argue that they should pass as all their friends have". Let's say it all together now "IT'S JUST NOT FAIR".
Maybe one of you should warn the in-laws that I am more out of sorts than normal? Anyway, here's to weathering the weekend.
DinoD
I have just realized that this is a perfect place to stop blogging (although I doubt that's going to happen).
So, why the perfect place? Because I am right back where I was last December when I assumed the alter ego of DinoD. I guess the only difference is that I am about 2.5 months from the last miscarriage rather than just 4 weeks.
I am still dealing with all the emotional crap from the last miscarriage and the in-laws are coming to town this weekend. The last in-law visit saw me sobbing at the local carousel while my son (and husband) went around in never-ending circles. You really need to have the whole visual and auditory input here - old restored carousel, loud Wurlitzer organ music, multitudes of children laughing and babies cooing and DinoD sobbing in the corner telling a relative to "just leave me alone, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE."
The carousel incident (as I like to call it) happened on the same day that I had already been subjected to a lecture about how I need to do so much more for my in-laws. Damn, I hate being lectured to by idiots.
Hum, I wonder if this is how my students feel? Speaking of which, I only failed about 60% of them (which is around 10-20% more than what I normally do). I am just waiting for all the snarky comments to start appearing on "rate my professor" - actually I have been fairly lucky in the past that at least some of my good students leave kind comments.
I want a "rate my students" website - I could enter things like "this student will never come to class and will fail all three midterms but will argue that they should pass as all their friends have". Let's say it all together now "IT'S JUST NOT FAIR".
Maybe one of you should warn the in-laws that I am more out of sorts than normal? Anyway, here's to weathering the weekend.
DinoD

4 Comments:
I get to comment again? Yuchu!
Anyway, just wishing you a fine weekend despite your inlaws.
And well done on not flunking all of your students. Sometimes that's a real accomplishment.
...forgot to say, even though I am not teaching currently I remember the days as a TA back in graduate school.
I'll pray that the weekend goes by quickly for both of us. Congrats on not flunking all of your students I think with the quality you had this summer that probably took an awful lot of restraint.
it almost feels norti to be leaving a comment how pre teen a feeling!
good to hear you took mercy on your students and didn't flunk them all tho it did give me a grin to think of it.
I do hope the weekend passes quickly enough that you avoid the inlaw wars.
Don't leave your blog even if it were a passing thought of yours, we'd miss you too much.
Post a Comment
<< Home