Still Kicking
Hack, hack, wheeze - yes, we are still at that stage but I am now also climbing the walls rather than just huddled in the corner. Would y'all please post some more so that I have something to do here, besides trying to unglue my son from the TV? He generally doesn't get to watch much TV and has thus devolved into something with the kinetic energy of a sea slug.
Anyway, this was the weekend that I was supposed to be reclining on the beach chasing my son along the beach and swimming to my heart’s delight. Yeah, that didn’t work out so well – we’re going to try for next weekend. Not that I’m looking that forward to trying to fit into my swimsuit but what must be, will be (visions of DinoD looking like an overstuffed sausage in her black tankini which is of course NATURALLY SLIMMING).
So the cake saw is still tickling my sense of humor (I’m just like that). Although I do relish the idea that the saw should have been baked inside the cake (someone been watching too much Prison Break?), I am also especially devoted to the description that accompanies the picture.
Specifically:
“Cutting a cake should be a special occasion, even if it's not a birthday, wedding, or anniversary. Bring out the saw and wait for the applause. “
Honestly, do any of you have friends who would “applaud” your selection or use of kitchen utensils? Okay, so maybe it’s just my friends but if I actually had the nerve to “bring out the saw” to cut a cake, I could expect one of two reactions:
1. Stunned silence with that uneasy undertone of concern. “DinoD has finally lost it, we knew she was under some stress. Who’s going to try to take the saw away from her? Carefully mind you, carefully.”
2. Laughter and much heckling “if that doesn’t work, I have a hacksaw and sander out in the truck”.
Hack, wheeze – oh no, I’ve overexerted myself again. Enjoy your weekend.
DinoD

4 Comments:
Was that more quantity you wanted? Because quantity blogging I can do.
Cake hacksaw, lol. :-)
I feel there's a high quality bar for comments on your site now, I'm intimidated! I've never tried to cut one of my cakes with a saw, but perhaps it's worth a try as usually they are just devoured with few words...
Will work on the uhmm posts. As for the hacksaw/cake cutter... I fear if I brought that out with a cake my guests would quietly say to one another "I thought she said she made great desserts." Or something along those lines... my husband would stare at me in horror and go - uhmm honey - we need to talk. Hope the uhmm hacking, coughing, bug whatever you got goes away promptly and you feel better shortly.
hope your feeling better soon that tankini sure sounds delightful perhaps you could accessorise with your cake saw, you know all that laying around in the sun leads to a serious lack of exercise, you could offer to cut cake and/or do holiday amputations think of the income possibilities. it truly is a saw for all occasions
Post a Comment
<< Home