Wallowing (but not how you think)
Okay, I’m out of the self-pity mode today (no promises about the future).
But… I’m still wallowing (think of the porcine persuasion).
Explanation: I ever so assertively stated (not so long ago) that I would lose at least 10 pounds prior to the first frozen cycle which itself was imminent. I immediately thereafter put on another 3 pounds and have failed to contact the fertility clinic – as I said, wallowing.
So, check list of progress on the resolutions: nada, zip, and zilch
Hum, every time we start thinking about a frozen cycle, I instantaneously put on about 10 pounds. I also absolutely refuse to have any more hormones if I weight anything more than around 145 pounds (as a Canadian I should probably phrase this in kilograms but I don’t have a clue). With the hormones, I tend to become really bloated and put on a lot of weight.
Could I possibly be avoiding something? Gee, let me see…..
I started the fertility wars at around 137 pounds. Every IVF cycle put a minimum of 5 pounds on my 5’6” frame. I was down to about 144 pounds when I became pregnant this last fall and now I’m at 154 pounds – ugh. The only time I’ve weighed more is when I was pregnant with my son.
So, what to do? What to do?
The Plan:
Phone the fertility centre on Monday and at least line up all the blood work necessary for a frozen cycle.
Buy lots of veggies and fruit.
Clear all my son’s toys away from my treadmill – thereby provided access and less weasel room.
Make cookies with at least half of the frozen cookie dough in the freezer – thereby avoiding at least half the temptation associated with my addiction to frozen cookie dough. (I curse the woman who told me about eating frozen cookie dough - I imagine she's peddling in front of elementary schools now.)
The Outcome: to follow
D (154 pounds and counting - hopefully backwards)
Okay, I’m out of the self-pity mode today (no promises about the future).
But… I’m still wallowing (think of the porcine persuasion).
Explanation: I ever so assertively stated (not so long ago) that I would lose at least 10 pounds prior to the first frozen cycle which itself was imminent. I immediately thereafter put on another 3 pounds and have failed to contact the fertility clinic – as I said, wallowing.
So, check list of progress on the resolutions: nada, zip, and zilch
Hum, every time we start thinking about a frozen cycle, I instantaneously put on about 10 pounds. I also absolutely refuse to have any more hormones if I weight anything more than around 145 pounds (as a Canadian I should probably phrase this in kilograms but I don’t have a clue). With the hormones, I tend to become really bloated and put on a lot of weight.
Could I possibly be avoiding something? Gee, let me see…..
I started the fertility wars at around 137 pounds. Every IVF cycle put a minimum of 5 pounds on my 5’6” frame. I was down to about 144 pounds when I became pregnant this last fall and now I’m at 154 pounds – ugh. The only time I’ve weighed more is when I was pregnant with my son.
So, what to do? What to do?
The Plan:
Phone the fertility centre on Monday and at least line up all the blood work necessary for a frozen cycle.
Buy lots of veggies and fruit.
Clear all my son’s toys away from my treadmill – thereby provided access and less weasel room.
Make cookies with at least half of the frozen cookie dough in the freezer – thereby avoiding at least half the temptation associated with my addiction to frozen cookie dough. (I curse the woman who told me about eating frozen cookie dough - I imagine she's peddling in front of elementary schools now.)
The Outcome: to follow
D (154 pounds and counting - hopefully backwards)

1 Comments:
For some reason, infertility is making me fat - sounds like you have the same problem! I say go to weight watchers, it's the only thing that works for me. If not - follow the Canadian food guide, that is what weight watchers is based on.
Post a Comment
<< Home