Monday, February 27, 2006

The Good, The Bad and The Apology

I apologize for being a rather sporatic blogger (here today, done for tomorrow). I also apologize for disappearing in a seeming fog of despair and then reappearing with no explanation whatsoever. I will (at some point) explain a little more about the way I work (mentally and emotionally) but it's still a little too close right now.

I also have some warnings for anyone who is visiting:

  1. I do understand infertility (4 unsuccesful IVFs, 4 miscarriages) but I also have a son. I do write about my son and he is rather like my touchstone. He is incredibly important to me and there's just no point in blogging if I can't include him. The good news is that he is 5 so if you continue to visit, at least you won't hear about babies and toddlers. However, I understand if some of you don't want to read about any child. (I can relate as everytime we go anywhere child oriented I am faced with multitudes of toddlers and babies).
  2. Within this blog, you are extremely unlikely to ever read the words "I'm pregnant". And I really do mean extremely unlikely, as in a probability that is infinitesimally small (limit→zero). For some of you, not having to face a pregnancy announcement in someone's blog might be a bonus. However, if you're looking for small miracles, they're not likely to occur here.
  3. Sometime (most likely late summer) I will be attempting a frozen cycle that is likely to leave me angry and sad (probably in equal measure). If you don't want to hear about my son you might want to at least come back in July / August and offer whatever sage advice you might have (start saving it up now as I am likely to need a lot). Again, if you are looking for hopeful news (brightness and light), you won't want to come back in the summer.
  4. The blog really is for me and I may at times offend people who stop by (not intentionally). Whatever I say is my truth, it doesn't mean that I assume it is the truth for anyone else (I am not yet so egocentric).
  5. I voted Conservative in the last election. And before you even get started, I was one of those women who marched in countless pro-choice rallies in the 80's (probably before some of you were even born). So just don't go there at all. One of my best friends is gay so don't go there either. I have a very good knowledge of poverty statistics in Canada (the various measures of poverty and distribution across the country) so that's also not a good place to go. I generally like Americans (they're remarkably similar to other humans) and I'm not going to apologize for that either.

DinoD

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And my love for you runs even deeper, you're one wise woman!

I hope you are okay and nothing too bad happened.

Take care,

11:09 AM  
Blogger DD said...

You're a Conservative??!!!! Man, I'm pissed now.

Wait, I guess I really don't know what that means since I'm "American" and everything...;-}

XOXO

11:35 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

that's ok DD...us Canadians still like you anyhow :-)

As you've probably read on a thousand other blogs ... this is YOUR blog. If we don't like it, we have the option to leave. I, for one, am not going anywhere. Not when I can get tales of tooth fairy traps!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home