Questions Anyone?
So I’ve been referred to a recurrent miscarriage clinic. I returned their phone call today and talked to L who said that I should arrange a time to phone her and discuss my medical history (???). So essentially I phoned to arrange a time to phone again.
Anyway, I have visions of how the next phone call will go (assuming it is not just another phone call to arrange for another future phone call).
The nurse will say something like “well honey, you do realize that you are 43 don’t you?” I am planning on feigning shock and confusion (with a good dose of horror thrown in). “Oh no, am I really? Do you think that could be a problem?”
Honestly, I’m not sure why I’ve even been referred to a recurrent miscarriage clinic (other than the obvious – that I have a history of recurrent miscarriage). Gee maybe that’s it?
What I’m trying to get at is that at 43, I don’t expect to ever get pregnant again naturally. I have 13 frozen embryos/ blasts and once they are done, that’s it. The frozen members of the family are either fine or not and I’m not sure what the clinic could possibly do about it. The last two miscarriages were both trisomies and there’s nothing anyone could have done to avoid the outcome (well anyone barring god I guess).
I’m sort of concerned about using medical resources for no good reason. Anyone have any questions they’d like me to ask? (I’m guessing they would probably limit me to miscarriages, frozen embryos and failure to implant although I could always start on the “hypothetically, if I was 28 and …”).
DinoD
So I’ve been referred to a recurrent miscarriage clinic. I returned their phone call today and talked to L who said that I should arrange a time to phone her and discuss my medical history (???). So essentially I phoned to arrange a time to phone again.
Anyway, I have visions of how the next phone call will go (assuming it is not just another phone call to arrange for another future phone call).
The nurse will say something like “well honey, you do realize that you are 43 don’t you?” I am planning on feigning shock and confusion (with a good dose of horror thrown in). “Oh no, am I really? Do you think that could be a problem?”
Honestly, I’m not sure why I’ve even been referred to a recurrent miscarriage clinic (other than the obvious – that I have a history of recurrent miscarriage). Gee maybe that’s it?
What I’m trying to get at is that at 43, I don’t expect to ever get pregnant again naturally. I have 13 frozen embryos/ blasts and once they are done, that’s it. The frozen members of the family are either fine or not and I’m not sure what the clinic could possibly do about it. The last two miscarriages were both trisomies and there’s nothing anyone could have done to avoid the outcome (well anyone barring god I guess).
I’m sort of concerned about using medical resources for no good reason. Anyone have any questions they’d like me to ask? (I’m guessing they would probably limit me to miscarriages, frozen embryos and failure to implant although I could always start on the “hypothetically, if I was 28 and …”).
DinoD

2 Comments:
OK, since you have opened the floor and I'm known for being too lazy to research archives: what do you plan on doing with the frozen embies *if* you don't do a transfer? Why not go for a transfer after they run you through protocol?
I think you should ask if she has a great hors d'eourvre recipe that does not require heating nor refrigeration.
Good luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home