The Horse That Threw Me
And I wonder why I've become plus sized (actually, I'm not there yet but I am quickly approaching it). I have been eating nonstop since my phone consult with the recurrent miscarriage of justice clinic. I have been good so far today so wish me luck over the weekend.
The phone consultation on Wednesday consisted of giving my medical history to L. It was a series of "when did you become pregnant that time?" and "how far did you get in that pregnancy?" and my personal favourite "and how did that miscarriage happen?"
I answered everything as completely as I could but the "and how did that miscarriage happen?" came close to unravelling my civility.
How do you think miscarriages happen? Do you want a detailed description of blood clots and collecting gestational sacs? Well if so, you've come to the proper source. I managed to collect both of the last two gestational sacs and package them all nice and safe for their last trips (to the embrology lab). Or would you like to know about the trips to the ER? How about seeing the first blood and knowing it was over?
Hum, upon deep reflection I sense some hostility on my part, n'est pas? I know, I know, she's only doing her job.
So where has all my goodness and light gone today? Polyanna, come back, come back.
DinoD
And I wonder why I've become plus sized (actually, I'm not there yet but I am quickly approaching it). I have been eating nonstop since my phone consult with the recurrent miscarriage of justice clinic. I have been good so far today so wish me luck over the weekend.
The phone consultation on Wednesday consisted of giving my medical history to L. It was a series of "when did you become pregnant that time?" and "how far did you get in that pregnancy?" and my personal favourite "and how did that miscarriage happen?"
I answered everything as completely as I could but the "and how did that miscarriage happen?" came close to unravelling my civility.
How do you think miscarriages happen? Do you want a detailed description of blood clots and collecting gestational sacs? Well if so, you've come to the proper source. I managed to collect both of the last two gestational sacs and package them all nice and safe for their last trips (to the embrology lab). Or would you like to know about the trips to the ER? How about seeing the first blood and knowing it was over?
Hum, upon deep reflection I sense some hostility on my part, n'est pas? I know, I know, she's only doing her job.
So where has all my goodness and light gone today? Polyanna, come back, come back.
DinoD

3 Comments:
I think I would have told her I resented the question beginning with "how" and recommend they rephrase or even remove the question.
Don't let food be your comfort zone (yes, easier said than done). Drop one of us a line when you get the munchies instead.
I know that gathering some information is necessary, but I'm always amazed at the stories that I hear about the way questions are asked of people who have suffered such profound loss. For me, hostility and sarcasm are great protectors against the complete unleashing of sobs (and I hear you're a sympathetic cryer too!) that I want to let happen.
Wish I had some assvice for you ... just know that this old plus size sympathetically crying broad is thinking of you!
Ugh. I wish they'd get some proper sensitivity training into these people.
Post a Comment
<< Home