Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Because I am a Pantywaist

Pantywaist: sissy

Okay, okay, yes it's a dated term but I loved my Grandma dearly and she used to use the term. I actually initially typed it as "Pantrywaist" and that is the other reason I haven't done a frozen cycle yet.

DD asked about why I haven't just set my mind to a frozen cycle as soon as possible (and she mentioned not "researching" my archives. Like I would have anything worthwhile to peruse in my past rubbeling).

Not to worry DD, I have yet to find a site where I spend hours looking over someone's archives. Alas, I am not as honest as you and I usually disguise my shortcomings with a "perhaps I will have time to look over your archives in the future." Like that is ever likely to happen. (Apologies if any of you recognize this phrase from your comments section).

Anyway, why no frozen cycles as of yet?

We went straight through 4 fresh cycles with the intent of becoming pregnant on one of them and then having frozen embryos to try for another later on (no laughing please). After 4 cycles, I was pretty drained physically and emotionally and we decided to take a break.

Once we were ready to try a frozen cycle, I tested high for prolactin and it took several months to determine that it was just an aberation and there didn't seem to be anything particularly wrong (but I had to jump through all the hoops before the fertility clinic would allow another cycle).

Then I was sick for a long time with flus and colds (my son had started preschool and I was told it's not uncommon to have this lead to family illness for quite a while).

Then I was scheduled to go back to work and we thought hey, why don't I take a partial leave in January 2006 and we can try a cycle then? I hate to admit that in part this was because I was still hoping for three kids (stupid idiot). I thought well hey, why not try naturally for 6 months and then we still have the frozones as backup. My mental cut-off was when I turned 43 - if we hadn't conceived by that time, I was willing to accept that we never would again (at least unassisted).

Then I got pregnant in October and we thought "why not wait until after the miscarriage to cycle"?

Then I miscarried and put on 15 pounds (or so) and thought "why don't I get myself together first and lose some weight?"

So therefore my answer - I am a pantywaist.

I keep delaying - it's just so hard when I know that those embryos are my very last chance (and I know it makes no sense to be 74 years old with 13 frozen embryos that could contain "the one").

Anyway, reading other blogs has helped alleviate my tendencies towards being a pantywaist and we have decided to do a cycle in mid to late summer (I keep saying a fall cycle but it would actually be a little before then). And yes I know this is still delaying but I need to know that I did everything I could to help the frozen ones.

To this end, I have actually lost about 6 pounds in the last few weeks (and only 2 of those were due to the flu!) I really do need to just move on and stop paying the rental space for the (((frozones))).

Pantywaist DinoD

4 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

If you feel this way about your frozones, no wonder you're reluctant to take the plunge. And who could blame you?

Pantywaist, haha!

1:32 PM  
Blogger DD said...

This is going to be gross, but I thought it was "panty-WASTE"...ewwww!

A whole poste dedicated to my question? I am just all aquiver her in the midwest!

Seriously, thank you for taking the time to do so. You sound like you are definitely on the right track mentally and physically.

6:23 PM  
Blogger x said...

I don't think you are being a pantywaist at all. If the frosties are you last attempt, it makes sense to want to hold on.
Good job on the weight loss. 15 lbs come so easily with a little depression:(

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping that when you do use the frozones, they are just the ticket. Just don't wait forever, ok?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home