Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Give Me Strength

So we have a charity lined up to come and collect all the baby refuse tomorrow. I'm trying to convince myself that using the term "refuse" will make it all a little easier to deal with.

So, I have convinced myself to part with the bassinet, crib, changing table, and all terrain stroller. Also going to the charity are two toddler size bicycles and one toddler size ride-in car.

Will someone please just openly tell me (yelling is allowed) that someone who is 43 and has a history of 4 unsuccesful IVFs and 4 miscarriages does NOT (repeat NOT) need to hold onto a highchair, infant and toddler car seats, two playpens and and a baby's bathtub?

I have visions of my husband eventually having to pry these out of my cold dead grasping arms (hopefully I'll be in my 90s by then).

And here I was, thinking I was so well adjusted.

DinoD

4 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

I will openly tell you it's OK. Not because I will not expect great things could happen. You just have to tell yourself that you can get all new stuff for the next time.

That probably didn't help, but I'm feeling your pain. I really am.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Shinny said...

I still have my son's stuff, he is 12 years old. If we aren't pregnant by summer, then it all goes in the big rummage sale at my parent's house. So you are not alone in hanging on, just in case. As dd said though, you can always get new stuff. They have way cooler baby stuff now then they did when Alex was a baby so if it ever happens, we get all the latest and greatest gadgets. We have to think of the best case scenario, instead of my old favorite the worst case scenario.
Good luck parting with it all, hope your husband doesn't have to break your fingers. ;)

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm listening for the yelling, because maybe some it will rub off on me. I've gotten rid of some stuff, but in all honesty, it's stuff I'd want a better version of "next time." If it wasn't so pathetic, I'd be laughing my ass off right about now.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Hello! I've seen you around a lot on others' blogs and I just never got around to commenting before now. I'm originally from Vancouver and still consider it home even though I've lived in California since 88. Anyway...I was never successful in our attempts to have a baby and we still have a few things tucked away. I think it's more than OK to give useful things to others who can use them, it's healthy. And you can always buy way cooler stuff.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home