Stop Me Before I Eat Again
Okay, so I filled a 12 foot by 8 foot tarp with baby items and they have now been removed from the premises (stroller, crib, bassinet, change table, bathtubs, infant seats, car seat, high chair, tricycles .....). Sob, sob, sob....
At one point, while the items were being loaded into the truck, I contemplated running out and offering money to have all the stuff taken back into the garage. After they left, I contemplated following the truck and offering them cash at the next stop in return for all my stuff. A while after that, I thought about phoning the charity and explaining that I REALLY needed the items back and I was just so sorry for the misunderstanding. I am now thinking that I know where this charity is likely to sell the items and I could show up at their store and buy everything back.
Yes, I know how sad and pathetic I am.
However, I have such superior coping skills that I simply went out yesterday afternoon and bought many chocolate bars and bakery goodies which I then demolished over the space of a few hours. I could have given Sami's Dog Ernie a run for his money yesterday (well, minus the actual consumption of wrappers and then physically being ill - gotta love Ernie).
While I was out shopping for "the coping essentials", I missed the delivery of my iPod which my husband is now out collecting from "the cheapest courier company in the world" (thanks Apple). I am open to suggestions for uploads (I have a lot of blues but at this sad stage, Little Milton is just not going to cut it) - any suggestions?
(Preferably somewhat upbeat but not head banger music - I'm damaged enough already.)
DinoD
Okay, so I filled a 12 foot by 8 foot tarp with baby items and they have now been removed from the premises (stroller, crib, bassinet, change table, bathtubs, infant seats, car seat, high chair, tricycles .....). Sob, sob, sob....
At one point, while the items were being loaded into the truck, I contemplated running out and offering money to have all the stuff taken back into the garage. After they left, I contemplated following the truck and offering them cash at the next stop in return for all my stuff. A while after that, I thought about phoning the charity and explaining that I REALLY needed the items back and I was just so sorry for the misunderstanding. I am now thinking that I know where this charity is likely to sell the items and I could show up at their store and buy everything back.
Yes, I know how sad and pathetic I am.
However, I have such superior coping skills that I simply went out yesterday afternoon and bought many chocolate bars and bakery goodies which I then demolished over the space of a few hours. I could have given Sami's Dog Ernie a run for his money yesterday (well, minus the actual consumption of wrappers and then physically being ill - gotta love Ernie).
While I was out shopping for "the coping essentials", I missed the delivery of my iPod which my husband is now out collecting from "the cheapest courier company in the world" (thanks Apple). I am open to suggestions for uploads (I have a lot of blues but at this sad stage, Little Milton is just not going to cut it) - any suggestions?
(Preferably somewhat upbeat but not head banger music - I'm damaged enough already.)
DinoD

4 Comments:
Congratulations! You did it. So very proud of you.
Now put down the candy bar and slowly back away from the counter. ;) One step at a time, right?
When you get pregnant let me know. My parents have all my stuff in way northern Wisconsin. Almost Canada. I know, it is a big country but still. If need be we can work something out.
Keep up the good work.
How about Nora Jones? Nice jazz but not depressing at all, pretty upbeat tone to her voice. I love the song "sunrise".
Sarah McLachlan is an obvious choice for a fellow Canadian. How about barenaked ladies if you really want something upbeat?
Enough assvice from me.
I am sorry you had a hard day. I hope your ipod gets there soon.
Congratulations you did it! I am very very very proud of you.. Now as a fellow coper who has since dealing with Ernie given up chocolate for a bit... I am very proud of you for avoiding the wrappers and the physically ill part. Now if I can step away from the hpt's you can step away from the candy bars and baked goods. I'd take them off your hands if I wasn't trying so hard to eat good crap like sugar free jello... Yes, I am officially boring!
Congrats really and truly on the ipod - I am slightly jealous... but since hubby has the ishuffle I think I deserve an ipod right? Enjoy your new music and find something to just enjoy life!
Oh God...that must have been SO hard. You're very brave. It takes a strong, strong woman to part with things that mean so much more than they might appear to on the surface...
(((((HUGS))))
Post a Comment
<< Home