What I REALLY Want (like it matters)
1. No more miscarriages
2. My son to thrive in kindergarten (not to be the smartest or most popular but just to enjoy it)
3. Not to have any frozones languishing (threateningly) in the freezer
4. My body back. I used to be concerned about how many miles a day I would be able to do on a bicycle tour and what my mile pace would be on a 10k and how many lengths I could swim in an hour. Now I worry about what pants will still button up
5. Exuberance - somewhere along the way, I have lost the art of being exuberant - I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop - and I'm ALWAYS worried about offending the gods. If I am quiet and not too happy, they won't target me again will they?
Now I know that I have control of at least one of these issues so I guess that's where I'll start.
And what really shocks me about this list? "Another child" does not make it into the top five. Maybe there's hope for my sanity after all.
DinoD
1. No more miscarriages
2. My son to thrive in kindergarten (not to be the smartest or most popular but just to enjoy it)
3. Not to have any frozones languishing (threateningly) in the freezer
4. My body back. I used to be concerned about how many miles a day I would be able to do on a bicycle tour and what my mile pace would be on a 10k and how many lengths I could swim in an hour. Now I worry about what pants will still button up
5. Exuberance - somewhere along the way, I have lost the art of being exuberant - I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop - and I'm ALWAYS worried about offending the gods. If I am quiet and not too happy, they won't target me again will they?
Now I know that I have control of at least one of these issues so I guess that's where I'll start.
And what really shocks me about this list? "Another child" does not make it into the top five. Maybe there's hope for my sanity after all.
DinoD

5 Comments:
I've never had any doubt about your sanity. Never.
But which one? Don't leave me hanging like that.
Here's a post I can empathise with. Especially number 4.
It seems to me that you CAN control numbers 1,3,4 and 5 and strongly influence number 2.
Miscarriages take from us the courage and confidence to believe in our own power to control anything at all. It is a large part of the despair, I think.
I'm guessing that you have control over 4 as a starting point, and that you could control 1 if you wanted to let go of 3, but my guess is that 3 might actually take precendence over 1 for a short while.
I hope you can help with 2, and 5, who knows where 5 is coming from. Maybe from doing a bit of 4?
Good luck with this sweetie, I hope you are feeling back in good health.
if you should happen to find you again can you have a second look to see if I'm hiding away there too? cool thanks for that.
I wish I had some answers any answers to help out but all I can really do is keep the fertility gods busy this side of the world ... hey it's a start.
Post a Comment
<< Home