Unglued
I keep thinking that I can’t do this but then it comes home to me that at this stage I don’t really have a lot of choice. The pregnancy symptoms come and go and every time they go I feel sucker punched.
GOD DAMN THIS IS HARD.
I would way rather never get pregnant again then just to have miscarriage after miscarriage. We’re starting to talk about vasectomies in our household. How pathetic is this for a couple who has gone through fertility treatments and thousands and thousands of dollars in the quest to have another child?
So, the last blood test was yesterday (the 29th) and I’ll phone for the results tomorrow afternoon. My guess is that the HCG is still going up but not as fast as it should.
And then I have the week and a half wait until the ultrasound (if I make it that far).
Sorry about the whining but this is just so insidious. I don’t go longer than about 5 minutes without mentally gauging all the current symptoms.
Will someone please shoot me? (Guess I’d have to drop the anonymity thing then.)
DinoD
I keep thinking that I can’t do this but then it comes home to me that at this stage I don’t really have a lot of choice. The pregnancy symptoms come and go and every time they go I feel sucker punched.
GOD DAMN THIS IS HARD.
I would way rather never get pregnant again then just to have miscarriage after miscarriage. We’re starting to talk about vasectomies in our household. How pathetic is this for a couple who has gone through fertility treatments and thousands and thousands of dollars in the quest to have another child?
So, the last blood test was yesterday (the 29th) and I’ll phone for the results tomorrow afternoon. My guess is that the HCG is still going up but not as fast as it should.
And then I have the week and a half wait until the ultrasound (if I make it that far).
Sorry about the whining but this is just so insidious. I don’t go longer than about 5 minutes without mentally gauging all the current symptoms.
Will someone please shoot me? (Guess I’d have to drop the anonymity thing then.)
DinoD

2 Comments:
It does suck. At least I had the benefit of a knowing it was "the end" before anything got started.
I really am feeling for you because I know how badly you must want to hope, even if you won't let us.
Well, look what happens when I take you seriously and go away from your blog for a few days. Congratulations, just a little tiny whisper of congratulations. I'm sorry this is so hard. I hope it gets better.
Post a Comment
<< Home