Monday, September 04, 2006

Went, Came Back, Work Tomorrow, Kindergarten Wednesday

The title basically sums up the last few days and the next couple as well. Yes, I managed to encase myself in the NATURALLY SLIMMING tankini but luckily there were not a lot of people at the beach so I keep the trauma to a minimum (I guess that would be both their trauma and mine).

Unfortunately, I am teaching an online course this fall and therefore my computer time this fall(doled out begrudgingly by my husband) is likely to be devoted to students rather than blogging. I will however, keep up with the blogs I read (and I know you'll all be waiting with baited breath for my insightful comments).

Yes, I realize that computers are actually fairly cheap and I could buy another one for our house but... there is the husband factor. He's a programmer and any reasonably priced computer (I can hear him saying "cheap, cheap, worthless crap") is a personal affront to him. So a new computer entails many thousands of dollars - all so that I can just websurf and word process (in style mind you, in style).

I have seven very important words: "a Sunday at the pool in Kigali". I read it on my holidays, I will be reading it again shortly and possibly again after that.

DinoD

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you got to wear your tankini and enhanced the other holidayer's visual feast. that you made it back means it wasnt so scary .. do they actually work? do you tan through them? do you end up with thin pale lines from where the elastic goes and therefore isn't tan throughable? these questions and more inquiring minds need to know.

and a book you say? it is a book right? "a Sunday at the pool in Kigali" how could you do that, mention a name and not a single word to describe it. oh the pain the pain.

good luck with the online teaching it may only be an assumption but it sounds to my heathen ears harder than classrooming it, I mean how do you control those that naturally gravitate to the back of the classroom when you can't see them smoking and goofing off?.

oh and while I"m making this the longest comment ever posted by me I'll add this little gem into the mix. You say you may not have time to blog? correct me if I'm wrong here but what about all those luxury hours you spend laying in bed dozing/sleeping? surely you don't "need" all of them. And showering cut a few minutes here and there your blogging public wont care if you smell a little ripe.

11:18 PM  
Blogger DD said...

So does Mr. DinoD know you blog? If so, then he should know that it only takes a cheap computer to keep up with us harlots.

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home