Thursday, September 07, 2006

You Know Things are Fucked When

You weigh more than any other time in your life (with the exception of being eight months pregnant).

It looks like a bomb has exploded in your den. The den where you are supposed to be working productively several hours each day. And you would be ... if you could find anything.

You can toss a ball in either floor of your house and then easily pretend it was a grenade as you survey the general disorder, mess and dirt that comprises your abode.

Your walk to school requires that you studiously ignore (which requires numerous adjustments of speed and time you leave the house) a neighbour whose children have been systematically destroying your landscaping for the past year.

The first words your child utters after the first day of kindergarten are "I am not going back to that place, EVER."

You panic that someone in your geographical region appears to be reading your blog. You complain loudly and bitterly to your husband about it ... until you realize that your own internet service provider has changed it's identifier and then you realize you have spent much time tracking your own access to your blog and have been cursing yourself with mindless abandon.

Um, can I at least hope next week is better?

DinoD

6 Comments:

Blogger Shinny said...

Blogger ate my first attempt at this. I also freaked myself out with the stats counter thinking someone from my same department was reading my blog. It took me two weeks to figure out that I use the same internet provider and it is all out of Madison.
Thanks for posting this so I didn't have to.

1:00 PM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

Yes, you can hope for a better week! Cheers to that!

6:49 PM  
Blogger DD said...

Ditto on the "someone's stalking me!" which happened when we moved (notice the C*nnecting P*int? - yep, that's me).

Your den is exactly why I could never work at home. Well of course I don't mean "your den" literally...it's just that our desk area is what Mr. DD so quaintly calls the "catch-all" area of the house. Blech.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can so relate to the bomb going off, people assume if you work from home you have oodles of time to tidy up but it's not true i have less time now than ever. shame it's not "in" to be chaoticly organised.

I too am guilty of the *gasp* someone I know who lives really close to me is reading my ruddy blog episode, frightening because I've bitched about them all at some point in time. so v v glad to hear I'm not alone on the 'DOH' factor.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SOOOO hope your next week is more promising.

I, too, did that with my ISP once, apparently it had changed and I kept wondering who the hell was stalking me - and then I realized some of the entries were coming from my posting page, which REALLY freaked me out - who could have access to all of my blog passwords and access pages????!!!!!!!!! ohhh....it was me.........

Here's to a new day!

Thinking of you,

5:33 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

I think that's why I don't have a stats counter yet... so i won't be able to drive myself insane by reading who visits. Though at times it would be nice to know I'm not alone. Oh wait that's what comments are for.

As for the first words your child uttered after the first day... I think he and I apparently went to the same kindergarten because I felt that way as well. I hope that next week is better than this week.

Oh and the only reason my house doesn't look like a grenade exploded is because I had in laws visiting recently so all that clutter had to be stuffed into closets. Which the dogs produced at an alarming rate to show grandma and grandpa...

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home