Tuesday, December 12, 2006

No News is Not Necessarily Good News, or Bad News or Significant of Anything at All

First of all, thank-you, thank-you and thank-you to everyone who has sent me e-mail. I haven't answered any because I am an uncouth, ungrateful, mewling, gagging, wretched pile of humanity.

I am crappy at staying pregnant and I had actually forgotten how crappy I am at being pregnant. I am sick, sick, sick all day long. If I actually feel semi-human for a few minutes I think "the embryo must have died".

My husband is actually considering quiting his job (the new one he loves) if he can't get some time off to take care of me and our son (yeah, I'm that pathetic). I am down 5 pounds in the last two weeks and well that's not too alarming as I have some reserves, it's not a trend that spells long-term success. The lousy thing is that if he has to quit his job, I'll probably miscarry the next day.

I am still bleeding and we are talking real bleeding here, no red or pink tinged discharge but real B-L-E-E-D-I-N-G. I guess the good news is that there is still a heartbeat (ah... one for the embryo, not just for me). The bad news is that there are a few trisomies that are entirely consistent with a great heartbeat at this stage and the other bad news is that I am still B-L-E-E-D-I-N-G.

This just kind of sucks - I told my husband Sunday night that I would be miscarrying during the night and to please let me sleep in on Monday morning - didn't happen. My doctor didn't bother doing a full prenatal check-up because we were both assuming miscarriage was imminent - didn't happen. And I can't even drink myself into a stupor.

And Bambi is following me around today (my son went to the opthamologist and had the drops that dilate your pupils. We were told that he might still have some dilation tomorrow as he is so fair - what does that have to do with duration of pupil dilation???)

DinoD

5 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

I'm glad you updated. I didn't want to send you another email which may or may not have contained threats if you did not update or reply soon.

Just let us know when you can. I'm sorry you feel like shit...in more ways than one.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you. I am thinking about you.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Shinny said...

I am glad to see you post again and allow us to comment. Sorry that you are feeling so crappy.

Hope your son's eyes get better soon, I had to laugh at the Bambi thing. ;)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Sami said...

Okay - first thanks for the return of making me spit out my lemonade this morning... "Bambi is following me around today" I laughed quite a bit... no offense intended to your son who I am sure is LOVING the nickname Bambi. I think the nickname should stick.

As for the various ailments - sorry to hear of the bleeding, nausea, vomiting, etc... my recommendations - drugs... more drugs. Heck I'm the girl that thinks a prophylactic valium, xanax, whatever during the 2ww would be a good thing... why not for the x months of gestation/miscarriage/whatever to help you pass the time.

Here's hoping the above ailments resolve at the very least the bleeding one... as that one always sends me into a tailspin.

Did they ever get you in for a nuchal?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

And trusting us to comment responsibly too, I'm honored. Now I'm tongue tied.

No news = so far, so mindf*ck?

The ambiguity is just too much, but if that's what it takes, you'll make it through if you have to. Aren't you glad?

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home