Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Face to Face With the Second Step

So the Kindergarten - not going so well. Do these women have nothing more to talk about then their children? Honestly, I read T's post today that states her wish to be part of these child based discussions and I understand that but... it can also be close to mind-numbing.

I love my son. Let me repeat myself here - I love my son. But... if I ever become so absorbed in a five-year old that I have nothing else to talk about, just shoot me, okay? Well, perhaps you could wait until my son is old enough not to miss me so much.

So the plan (in chronological order):
1. Lay off the chocolate (I have consumed about 2 pounds in the last 2 days)
2. Lose the 15 pounds that are weighing me down
3. Transfer whatever blasts and embryos make it through thaw (first cycle to start in January)
4. Rid our house of the last of the baby items when none of the frozones make it
5. Celebrate if I can still find something that interests me and that I want to talk about that is not centered around my son or my house

Yes, I'm finally reaching that point (again) where it is much worse having the frozones hanging over me then it would be to just close the door on the possibility of another child.

Alleluia, I've made it (haven't I?)

Oh, and my sincere apologies to the person who found me by googling for "ivf success rates 4 blastocysts". Life's a bitch sometimes. I'm not sure what else covers it.

DinoD

5 Comments:

Blogger Thalia said...

Hooray for a plan.

And I do understand that these conversations can be mind-numbing, it's just to have the CHANCE...

3:30 AM  
Blogger DD said...

S-Ho~

Who's T?

And no matter what happens with the frozones, you HAVE made it, and IT has nothing to do with fertility or a lack thereof.

I'm jonesing for a reality check. Can you tell?

G. Troll

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

Those are ambitious plans! A diet before the holiday season?!

I didn't know Damocles dealt in frozones as well as swords. More lucrative these days, I'm sure.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

15 lbs - you can do it! And now I'm wanting chocolate....send it over my way. After your previous post, I'm hesitant to wish you any kind of luck at all with January - just know that I will be here.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah but can the other mothers be as snarky? mere mortals that they are.

dieting before the food season? how's that working for you? na I'm jealous truth be told, I have no willpower food and me well lets just say we need each other.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home