Crap, I've Been Tagged (again)
Okay, so in all fairness I have to say "I don't DO tags" with full snooty voice and raised chin. I don't know why, maybe it's just against my religion.
but.... it's Jen and this one speaks to me a little so perhaps I'll respond in kind (a little - I'm not making it to 10, that I can guarantee - not because I couldn't but because I try to suppress my nastier side at times).
Things that Piss Me Orf (ah, this is Jennie's spelling - go complain to her).
1. When IF bloggers start preaching about how other people should treat us and what is the "appropriate" thing to say. Sometimes, the appropriate thing to say to me is: "Fuck that, suck it up, have a beer". Now I am NOT going to propose this as "THE" thing to say to someone suffering from IF.
2. When IF bloggers take what amounts to a sit-com/ fanatasy and start complaining how the show deals with infertility treatments. So it's okay to make light of murder and mental instability but let's start the critiques when they are less then accurate about infertility. Helllllloooooo - when did we get the appointment to sacred cow? I must have missed that memo.
3. When IVFers complain about how to place more of the burden of IVF treatments on their spouses. Guess what? We have the ovaries and the uteri (I hope this is the plural). That DOES make it about us. (This from someone who did all their own needles, went to every scan alone, only had their husband there for two of their four retrievals and went through 5 miscarriages very much physically alone. And yes, my husband loves me but guess what - he also has a job, we have a child and we both have not a little respect for my strength). Now if your spouse is just not interested in the whole attempt, you might just have to accept that you are doing it for yourself and not them so perhaps they shouldn't be taking up the burden (gasp).
4. My paranoid self (not the regular me that you all know and love). After reading 1 - 3, I'm starting to imagine all the people who are going to send me hate e-mail and nasty comments. Like I'm such a big fish - "glub, glub".
DinoD
Okay, so in all fairness I have to say "I don't DO tags" with full snooty voice and raised chin. I don't know why, maybe it's just against my religion.
but.... it's Jen and this one speaks to me a little so perhaps I'll respond in kind (a little - I'm not making it to 10, that I can guarantee - not because I couldn't but because I try to suppress my nastier side at times).
Things that Piss Me Orf (ah, this is Jennie's spelling - go complain to her).
1. When IF bloggers start preaching about how other people should treat us and what is the "appropriate" thing to say. Sometimes, the appropriate thing to say to me is: "Fuck that, suck it up, have a beer". Now I am NOT going to propose this as "THE" thing to say to someone suffering from IF.
2. When IF bloggers take what amounts to a sit-com/ fanatasy and start complaining how the show deals with infertility treatments. So it's okay to make light of murder and mental instability but let's start the critiques when they are less then accurate about infertility. Helllllloooooo - when did we get the appointment to sacred cow? I must have missed that memo.
3. When IVFers complain about how to place more of the burden of IVF treatments on their spouses. Guess what? We have the ovaries and the uteri (I hope this is the plural). That DOES make it about us. (This from someone who did all their own needles, went to every scan alone, only had their husband there for two of their four retrievals and went through 5 miscarriages very much physically alone. And yes, my husband loves me but guess what - he also has a job, we have a child and we both have not a little respect for my strength). Now if your spouse is just not interested in the whole attempt, you might just have to accept that you are doing it for yourself and not them so perhaps they shouldn't be taking up the burden (gasp).
4. My paranoid self (not the regular me that you all know and love). After reading 1 - 3, I'm starting to imagine all the people who are going to send me hate e-mail and nasty comments. Like I'm such a big fish - "glub, glub".
DinoD

4 Comments:
I'm just mad because I think I've tagged you before but you've never played.
*hurumph* said DD as she stomped away and off the playground
that wench lutC read my mind and posted her comment ahead of mine. but sigh I will suck it up and have a beer and then get all pissed orf i didn't make my tag about IF coz fuck I've used 10 of the 100 spaces already.
I suppose I can suck it up... but I'm not having a beer damnit. I'm having a well... hell hand me a beer.
Yes well, different things piss me off, but I can see where you're coming from. Each to their own.
I don't really drink beer, can I have a glass of champagne please?
Post a Comment
<< Home