On Hiatus
I hear the groaning already. All together now; "GROOOAAANNNN".
Yes, I know that I pull this one out frequently, dust it off and try it on again for size. The difference now is that there really isn't anything interesting on the fertility front for a while (until the poundage is lost) and even then, there aren't likely to be any spectacular results.
I have also started another blog in my field and we'll see how that progresses (I don't imagine it will ever get any comments but at least I can get some of the misconceptions about my job and area of expertise out of my system. There will be much swearing and nastiness - but what else would you expect of me?).
My new blog will also be anonymous but not as difficult to determine my identity so there will be no linkage between here and there (be glad, be very glad that I don't expect you to follow me there).
Whenever I get to the frozen cycles I might be back here but it is likely to be short lived at best. I will keep up with those of you that are near and dear (at least until pregnancy and then (usually) I just can't make that trip with you).
I am simply too old and jaded to want to stay in the infertility world of blogs. I am reminded of that everytime I see a reference to "cyclesista". It's just all a little too "tea partyish" for me. Remember? old, bitter, nasty, hard-core - that's me.
Ta-ta (I've always wanted to say that -imagine languid waving of my hand).
DinoD
I hear the groaning already. All together now; "GROOOAAANNNN".
Yes, I know that I pull this one out frequently, dust it off and try it on again for size. The difference now is that there really isn't anything interesting on the fertility front for a while (until the poundage is lost) and even then, there aren't likely to be any spectacular results.
I have also started another blog in my field and we'll see how that progresses (I don't imagine it will ever get any comments but at least I can get some of the misconceptions about my job and area of expertise out of my system. There will be much swearing and nastiness - but what else would you expect of me?).
My new blog will also be anonymous but not as difficult to determine my identity so there will be no linkage between here and there (be glad, be very glad that I don't expect you to follow me there).
Whenever I get to the frozen cycles I might be back here but it is likely to be short lived at best. I will keep up with those of you that are near and dear (at least until pregnancy and then (usually) I just can't make that trip with you).
I am simply too old and jaded to want to stay in the infertility world of blogs. I am reminded of that everytime I see a reference to "cyclesista". It's just all a little too "tea partyish" for me. Remember? old, bitter, nasty, hard-core - that's me.
Ta-ta (I've always wanted to say that -imagine languid waving of my hand).
DinoD

10 Comments:
great just great how am I meant to stalk you if you up and leave making it difficult for me to find you?
seriously though I do hope you pop back now and then and do a pulse check post you know, still breathing cya's. type thing.
regardless I hope you know I wish you well in ALL endeavours
*sob bitterment barbie is going*
Now I'm grumpy. And there were so few of us bitterment barbies to start with....
Umm, will you send me the new blog info, pretty please? I do want to know what's going on with you, even a little tiny bit.
Good luck as you ride into the sunset, oh bitter babe. Our infertilisphere will be a poorer place without you.
DON'T LEAVE ME!!!! (whining, sobbing, hanging onto your ankles crying)
How will I survive without your wisdomy posts?
Pollyanna is going to pout now, big time.
Good luck and if you feel like it send me the link to your other blog so that I can keep up with you. As you know, I love my job so very much, NOT, that it is nice to read what others feel about their jobs too. I will miss you wisdom that has guided me through the dark for the past year.
Starting a new (mostly) IF-unrelated blog really helped me to start to "move on" as they say. Good luck to you.
I sincerely hope that you will uhmm keep in touch. Who else will understand my bitterness hidden by uhmm pollyanna posts? I promise not to even bring out that awful word **** when your frozens come out to play... can I pretty pretty please have your new blog info... I tend to run on the geekish side of things so you never know I might be interested and I promise to sign any comments anonymous...
I feel ya "sista"....arrggghhhh
I just am not there anymore either.
Thinking of you,
Pff. You just pull out the hiatus word to hear us say how much we'll miss you.
Well, I won't. My blog roll is too long as it is. Good riddance. Go on then, focus on your career. Have a blast, make promotion for all I care.
Gotta run, I'm invited to a slumber party at my sista's house. Tea? You've got to be kidding. Vodka and tequila is more like it.
Give me another year at this game, and I'll be just as bitter, nasty and hard-core as you, or at least I'll give it my best shot. Too bad you won't be around to see it.
Oh damn. I will miss you but totally get it.
well you cunningly turned comments off on the new posts, but there's nothing (apparently ) to stop me from leaving a quiet message to say, I'm thinking of you and holding my thumbs. Don't ask, it's better than crossing fingers.
Post a Comment
<< Home