Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fade to Navy Blue


One of DD's recent posts has given me pause for thought (with whatever is left of my mush-brain now that I have two kids). A brief synopsis is in order as I generally do not link within my posts and yes I know how to, it just bugs me when I read posts that link all over the place. Yes, it's another way that I am a strange sort of creature.


Anyway, DD was asking why people stopped blogging and there were too many comments for me to want to throw in my 2 cents over there (remember, I'm a strange sort of creature).


I know that the end of this blog is likely approaching but I'm just not sure exactly when it's going to happen. And no, this is not some desperate action taken to illicit pleas to stay. Not that this will stop some of you who will doubtlessly pepper me with e-mails stating how your existance will be almost impossible without recourse to new entries in my blog. Okay, maybe I'm overstating my importance a tad.


I have a fierce (FIERCE) loyalty to those I love and it just doesn't feel right to write about my family. If I have complaints about my husband, I take them to him. If I have concerns about my kids, I don't feel like I should take them somewhere so public.


I could complain about my lack of sleep but then I have to say that other, similar complaints I've read lately leave me a little peeved. My daughter is closing in on 4 months and generally still wakes up every two hours. She actually slept once for 7 hours and I spent the last 4 hours of that constantly checking on her because it freaked me out so much. She will very occasionally sleep for 3 or 4 hours at a stretch. Please do not send me any advice on this - my son slept really well and I have been reading a number of books on sleep but the wee one has issues with reflux and gas which results in her waking up in pain after a couple of hours of not moving and lying on her back. So when I read compaints about only getting two or three hours of sleep at a time with a newborn I don't feel a lot of sympathy - I'm going on 4 months here. And there were at least two nights during the first week of her life where I had no sleep (as in zero hours). But I wouldn't give her up for anything (I occasionally update her picture down on the post where I first published it).


So, complaining about sleep isn't going to help me and complaining about my family isn't necessary. Using the frozones for a FET isn't going to happen although I still dream about it (but is is NOT going to happen).


I still update sporadically mainly because I can tell from sitemeter that some of you still check up on me and it feels incredibly rude to just disappear. Who knows, maybe I'll find something to write about eventually. In the mean time, I will end with another picture. If anyone can identify what these are, I'll send you one.


DinoD

















Okay, I'll break my little rule and send you here and here just because I feel like it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's great to see an update. While I own't beg you to stay, I will let you know I enjoy your writing.

I feel you on the waking up. My 4 month old son wakes to eat every 3 hours. He only eats 12oz at daycare so I know he isn't eating enough to make it through the night. Increasing the amount during the day only increases the amount he spits up :-).

1:11 PM  
Blogger DD said...

Many things going on with this post:

The picture? Appears to be saved plastic bags, but really! you can keep them.

While yes, there were many responses to that post, each one of them had something that resonated deeply with me, just as this post of yours does. I've always been prepared for your inevitable departure from blogging, at least from this particular blog. It saddens me only because I'm selfish. I guess I also know that we would eventually become fond, albeit fuzzy, memories of each other in 20 years as how does one create a permanent relationship on email and comments alone?

As for your daughter, she kept you sleepless for 9 months in utero. Maybe she wants to stay consistent and keep you awake for 9 months on the outside. My recollection of when my son slept through the night is nil. It's been so long ago.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Shinny said...

You know I don't want you stop posting, but I do know that you still swing my poor neglected blog and leave me notes. Just so you don't abandon me completely, ok?

I would say that they are either flowers or pon poms made out of plastic bags?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Country Chick said...

I'd miss you, but you know that.
I just like your attitude. it makes me feel . . . better when i read a post of yours.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

plastic bags in a bucket of some kind and if you do leave the blogosphere now would be a good time to send me one so when that horrible day arrives i can use it in a non child safe way.

purely selfish of course but hey I'm that kinda gal. So many of the old bloggers leave and that's sad on so many levels, there are new bloggers of course and i'm sure they are wonderful witty funny snarky women amongst them, but from one old jaded bitter barren cow it's hard to let go of what is comfortable and those we've come to care so deeply about. best send me two bags one might break.

12:35 AM  
Blogger peesticksandstones said...

Thanks for the shout-out!

I feel kinda weird writing about close family (err... my husband and 2 cats) on the internet, too.

Enjoy the weekend -- whether or not it includes writing any more blog posts.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Country Chick said...

You haven't really gone yet, have you?

3:00 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

Who knew you were crafty - very nice plastic bag sculptures - I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Though I do vaguely remember making paper flowers a long time ago.

As for blogging - don't quit. Even if all you have to say is "I'm alive... I'm happy... and sleep deprived. I'll read. Now granted my posts have been way too sunshine and light even for my taste I enjoy hearing of the good news... the happy endings... and to keep up to date on your little ones.

Ernie sends his love... he's currently in the proverbial doghouse for going downstairs to the basement and opening up one of his dog food bags and eating a good portion of it... he's now a bloated overfed weimaraner... Bad Ernie...

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home