Monday, July 23, 2007

Speechless


Still here, still amazed, still in shock. I honestly don't even know what to say about my daughter and the fact that she exists. I have no complaints about lack of sleep (sometimes only a few interrupted hours a night) or anything else for that matter. However, it would be nice if I could stop thinking that I'm actually heavily medicated on some psych ward, stroking a doll provided by the staff. If that is the case, I guess I'm too happy to want to be brought back to reality, thank-you very much.


We were readmitted to the hospital shortly after my last post as she was very jaundiced and had not put on any weight since leaving the hospital (when she was already down almost a pound and was hovering at around 6 pounds). After 3 days of billi-lights she was doing much better and we were released (again). She is now around 7 pounds and is a breast-feeding monster. This has resulting in my producing too much milk and rather lame jokes about my ability to provide cream for our coffee if we run out of coffee cream (insert pictures of lactation consultant feeling my breast and inadvertantly spraying her office with milk).


Thanks so much for all the congratulations on the last post - y'all made me sniffle. And in return, I will do something I promised to NEVER do - I will post a picture of a member of my family - guess who?


DinoD

{picture deleted}











17 Comments:

Blogger K said...

She is beautiful! Max said so too. ;o) Congratulations again!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Serenity in pink. Just perfect.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Shinny said...

She is beautiful! I am crying tears of joy for you all. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that she is here and that you are both home and healthy.

6:50 AM  
Blogger DD said...

I'm glad you decided to go all out and prove to us that you really aren't sitting in a ward somewhere stroking a cabbage patch doll.

She is divine and I really am so happy for you and your husband.

I know that getting here was painful and at times, crushing, but I'm sure holding your daughter brings some solace and dulls that ache of the past.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Sami said...

Dino - tears of joy are running down my face - and you know me I don't cry that often. She is beautiful. We (D and I) are so very happy for your family of 4. Sorry for the hospital stay, but glad to hear that things are finally on the up and up.

Congratulations and thank you for posting a picture of your beautiful baby girl. YOUR beautiful baby girl - god I love saying that to you... now go snuggle with her for all of us.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

Look at her sleeping so peacefully! Blissfully ignorant of all the turmoil that went on before.

I'm so happy for you all!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an angel, look at those pouty lips. Congrats again D!

7:04 AM  
Blogger kati said...

She sure is super cute! So glad about your happiness.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your daughter is absolutely beautiful! You sound so blissfully happy--and the image of the lactation consultant's office getting sprayed made me giggle. Congratulations again!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Country Chick said...

Oh lucky, lucky you! Isn't she gorgeous. I am so amazed you posted a picture - you must be so much more than proud and delighted. Dino - I am so glad this baby is finally here and well. She looks remarkably real to me! I think it's OK!

12:24 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

She's utterly perfect!
Congratulations!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh she is beautiful! I followed a link from another blog to here. Congratulations! Really. And looking down a few posts I see this hasn't been the easiest pregnancy. So glad for this wonderful resolution.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so gorgeous!

2:49 AM  
Blogger msfitzita said...

Oh God, so beautiful!!

Is it stupid to say that somehow she looks very wise and knowing? Well, whatever. She does. She totally does. If that's stupid of me to say, then so be it.

Thank you so much for letting us see this little wonder.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

9:04 PM  
Blogger Runergirl said...

The most beautiful girl in the world!!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Oh, she is beautiful. Congratulations!!!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

gorgeous, I'm so pleased things are going so well.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home