Five Hours Later
I was admitted and kept for around five hours at the hospital a day or so ago. I started bleeding again and was way over the normal limit for frequency of Braxton Hicks.
The upshot is that the cervix is still long and closed and there is no bleeding apparent on the ultrasound but as the Dr. said "you're obviously bleeding from somewhere". The baby still looks fine and is still moving a lot so we sit here and hope (we are not yet far enough along for the baby to be viable if the placenta is giving up the ghost although there is no sign of that yet).
The staff at the hospital now uses many disclaimers with me such as "within the limits of the technology" and "as far as we can tell". Not exactly reassuring but I appreciate the honesty.
Also, having only curtains separate you from other women who are further along but experiencing preterm labour, preeclampsia and fetal demise acts as a good sharp slap in the face. My baby is still alive and I am in no imminent danger here ("as far as they can tell" and "within the limits of the technology" to reassure us) so I think I'll go hoist a milk or two.
DinoD
I was admitted and kept for around five hours at the hospital a day or so ago. I started bleeding again and was way over the normal limit for frequency of Braxton Hicks.
The upshot is that the cervix is still long and closed and there is no bleeding apparent on the ultrasound but as the Dr. said "you're obviously bleeding from somewhere". The baby still looks fine and is still moving a lot so we sit here and hope (we are not yet far enough along for the baby to be viable if the placenta is giving up the ghost although there is no sign of that yet).
The staff at the hospital now uses many disclaimers with me such as "within the limits of the technology" and "as far as we can tell". Not exactly reassuring but I appreciate the honesty.
Also, having only curtains separate you from other women who are further along but experiencing preterm labour, preeclampsia and fetal demise acts as a good sharp slap in the face. My baby is still alive and I am in no imminent danger here ("as far as they can tell" and "within the limits of the technology" to reassure us) so I think I'll go hoist a milk or two.
DinoD

8 Comments:
Blimey. You are really being put through it. I just hope that this baby finally gets its act together, stops kicking whatever blood vessel it's kicking, and settles in for at least the next 12 weeks or so.
"...a day or so ago..."
What the hell?! You're going to give me a stroke, woman. Are they throwing around the term "mandatory bed rest"?
You do know that with all this excitement during pregnancy that when Dino Jr. gets here in person you will have the calmest, best baby in the world, right? This baby is just putting you through the laps now to keep you on your toes. ;)
I am with DD, get them to throw around the bedrest term. Don't they understand the stress they are putting all of us in Blogland under? ;)
Hugs and do keep us posted. So glad that everything is still looking good.
Holy cow!
Hope this is one of those random things and your pregnancy progresses well. It must make you very anxious and I'm sorry.
I've got my fingers crossed for you. You are handling this remarkably well!
How are you holding up, DinoD? Hope you get some rest the next couple of days!
Thinking of you. Still here.
Vivien
Post a Comment
<< Home