The Issue
I assume everything is still progressing nicely with this pregnancy. Actually, I assume the baby has died everytime I don't feel movement for more than an hour or so or anytime I feel any discomfort.
We have still not told anyone else about the pregnancy and we have no plans to tell anyone else. It is absolutely obvious I'm pregnant if you see me without a jacket or coat on but thankfully we live in a cold and frozen country which requires mukluks and sealskin coats to be worn year round. Actually, I am one of the few people in my city who is welcoming the recent rain and forecasts of more rain as I can continue to wear jackets that disguise the issue for at least a little while longer. Although the mother of one of my son's friends did see me without a jacket yesterday and looked a few times at my stomach.
I was reading blogs this morning and came across someone who was extraordinarily upset about becoming pregnant with twins. I felt compassion for her. Actually, I thought that they are intelligent people and MUST have known that this was a possible outcome transferring two embryos in your early thirties. I also thought that whether they wanted two or not, they are now carrying two and need to deal with it. Then I thought her husband should grow up. Compassion??? Not so much.
I laughed a little when I read Sami's recent post about using her doppler to try and find the fetal heartbeat. We thought about renting one for the pregnancy but I was worried about my ability to find the heartbeat even if it was still there. Actually, I knew that hearing the heartbeat would satisfy me for about an hour and then I'd be looking for it again. I had visions of eventually walking around with the doppler in a carry-pouch with the head constantly pushed against my stomach and I don't think they've done any studies on the long-term consequences of that.
I think I am dealing with the stress reasonably well. Actually, I have been looking for nearby places where I could be hospitalized and sedated for the remainder of this pregnancy.
DinoD
I assume everything is still progressing nicely with this pregnancy. Actually, I assume the baby has died everytime I don't feel movement for more than an hour or so or anytime I feel any discomfort.
We have still not told anyone else about the pregnancy and we have no plans to tell anyone else. It is absolutely obvious I'm pregnant if you see me without a jacket or coat on but thankfully we live in a cold and frozen country which requires mukluks and sealskin coats to be worn year round. Actually, I am one of the few people in my city who is welcoming the recent rain and forecasts of more rain as I can continue to wear jackets that disguise the issue for at least a little while longer. Although the mother of one of my son's friends did see me without a jacket yesterday and looked a few times at my stomach.
I was reading blogs this morning and came across someone who was extraordinarily upset about becoming pregnant with twins. I felt compassion for her. Actually, I thought that they are intelligent people and MUST have known that this was a possible outcome transferring two embryos in your early thirties. I also thought that whether they wanted two or not, they are now carrying two and need to deal with it. Then I thought her husband should grow up. Compassion??? Not so much.
I laughed a little when I read Sami's recent post about using her doppler to try and find the fetal heartbeat. We thought about renting one for the pregnancy but I was worried about my ability to find the heartbeat even if it was still there. Actually, I knew that hearing the heartbeat would satisfy me for about an hour and then I'd be looking for it again. I had visions of eventually walking around with the doppler in a carry-pouch with the head constantly pushed against my stomach and I don't think they've done any studies on the long-term consequences of that.
I think I am dealing with the stress reasonably well. Actually, I have been looking for nearby places where I could be hospitalized and sedated for the remainder of this pregnancy.
DinoD

6 Comments:
If you find a place that will hospitalize and sedate you for the remainder of the pregnancy - please send me the address as I know myself and a few others would definitely be interested...
In the tone of your inner voice - will continue to send NBHHY thoughts your way... and of course to myself as well...
I saw that post. My head screamed "WHY?!"
I also read a post how the woman was upset (really, REALLY upset) that she wasn't going to have twins instead of the one seemingly healthy singleton progressing.
It hurts. A lot.
Maybe you can find an ipod and have it converted into a doppler so you can just where your ear buds and no one will be the wiser.
Oh, yeah. Long term affects. Well, there is that...
Your mix of emotions sounds so appealing you should name a cocktail after it. You already have the sales pitch: "frozen not fossilized". Wonder if Sean Connery would be willing to do a commercial?
I just read that a doppler uses stronger ultrasound waves than an echo does. Perhaps a pocket echo machine would be less harmful.
Is mari.huana contraindicated in PG? Co.caine is, according to my book. I was so glad they cleared that up for me. Snort.
All this babbling, and all I means is that I'm hoping for a very happy end for you.
I can't believe with all you have on your mind that you still have the wicked sense of humor I have come to love over the past year.
Thank you for continuing to share your hopes and fears and the good stuff with me.
Wishing you all the best!
Oh the sedation sounds really, really good. If you find a solution, let me know, ok?
Hang in there: I hope you can find some peace and perhaps confidence really soon.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment
<< Home