Monday, November 05, 2007

Better, Not Great

Before my last pregnancy (the successful one), I always wished everyone well with respect to IVF and IUI cycles and unassisted pregnancies and also during the first few weeks prior to establishing a heartbeat. I would NEVER have wished ill on anyone but the flip side is that seeing a success also hurt a lot.

It wasn't so much the envy or wish for another child. It was that each success meant I had to let that person go a little. It just hurt too much to read about a pregnancy and eventually a new little person. And I never expected that someone would still have the exact level of empathy after a successful pregnancy (they shouldn't in my view - they should move on).

But now that has all changed for me. I hope (as I always have) for successful outcomes but it is not tempered at all. Any success doesn't make someone more remote, instead it brings them closer to me.


So damn it DD, come over to our side - we're waiting.

DinoD

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you. You went and made me cry.

Gawd, I love.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home