Still Here, Attitude N-
Vivien, you made me laugh and I quote "I just like your attitude". You must be the only one in the entire world who has ever said that to me.
Our school system had two marks given for each subject, one for academic knowledge and the other for "attitude". Attitude marks were either G for good, N for average or X for spawn of satan. I didn't ever know anyone to receive the dreaded "X" but I was the only one I knew who earned the top academic mark (A+) and an N- for attitude. This translates into "she could probably teach the course but is she ever a bitch to have in the classroom".
I think I may just print out Vivien's comment and frame it (right next to my old report cards).
So the previous picture - it is indeed wonderful sculpturesque art composed of hundreds of old plastic shopping bags - my versious of plastic plants. We finally bought canvas bags which we are faithfully reusing (see, you can teach old dogs new tricks).
But none of you really hit the nail on the head: they were an instrument of embarrassment to be used on my husband. He was the one who had to take my delightful creations to the local grocery store and try to fit them into a tiny little plastic bin supposedly designed for recycling plastic grocery bags but in fact only large enough to contain about half of one of my sculptures. He actually ended up with a severely bruised rib (possibly cracked) after one of these excursions. And here I am making light of it all - that's an N- for attitude again.
Further food for thought - I just looked up embarrassment in my dictionary to make sure it had two r's (yes, I do know about spell checkers - mine just happens to be in hard copy and require a little more work). The word embarrassment happens to share the same page as another term that just sort of leapt out at me: embryo transfer.
And I quote:
embryo transfer: the removal of an embryo from a superior cow, sow, etc. and its replacement inside an inferior one
Hum, there are numerous problems with this definition such as the fact that you can't remove embryos from anything but a medical container where they were made. Also, surely there are more people familiar with human embryo transfer than with livestock?
At least it continues to another definition: the transfer of a human embryo from one female, or from storage, to another for gestation. More problems with this - surely they could have found someone who knew a little bit more about the term?
Anyway, I leave you with another picture replete with drool (she's not as cute as her mother but she's close):
DinoD
Vivien, you made me laugh and I quote "I just like your attitude". You must be the only one in the entire world who has ever said that to me.
Our school system had two marks given for each subject, one for academic knowledge and the other for "attitude". Attitude marks were either G for good, N for average or X for spawn of satan. I didn't ever know anyone to receive the dreaded "X" but I was the only one I knew who earned the top academic mark (A+) and an N- for attitude. This translates into "she could probably teach the course but is she ever a bitch to have in the classroom".
I think I may just print out Vivien's comment and frame it (right next to my old report cards).
So the previous picture - it is indeed wonderful sculpturesque art composed of hundreds of old plastic shopping bags - my versious of plastic plants. We finally bought canvas bags which we are faithfully reusing (see, you can teach old dogs new tricks).
But none of you really hit the nail on the head: they were an instrument of embarrassment to be used on my husband. He was the one who had to take my delightful creations to the local grocery store and try to fit them into a tiny little plastic bin supposedly designed for recycling plastic grocery bags but in fact only large enough to contain about half of one of my sculptures. He actually ended up with a severely bruised rib (possibly cracked) after one of these excursions. And here I am making light of it all - that's an N- for attitude again.
Further food for thought - I just looked up embarrassment in my dictionary to make sure it had two r's (yes, I do know about spell checkers - mine just happens to be in hard copy and require a little more work). The word embarrassment happens to share the same page as another term that just sort of leapt out at me: embryo transfer.
And I quote:
embryo transfer: the removal of an embryo from a superior cow, sow, etc. and its replacement inside an inferior one
Hum, there are numerous problems with this definition such as the fact that you can't remove embryos from anything but a medical container where they were made. Also, surely there are more people familiar with human embryo transfer than with livestock?
At least it continues to another definition: the transfer of a human embryo from one female, or from storage, to another for gestation. More problems with this - surely they could have found someone who knew a little bit more about the term?
Anyway, I leave you with another picture replete with drool (she's not as cute as her mother but she's close):
{picture deleted}
DinoD

5 Comments:
If you are cuter then she is then no wonder you don't show pictures of yourself. The world would be flocking to your blog and you would be overwhelmed with offers for modeling jobs. ;)
Hope the husband recovers from the plastic bag project injury.
just to be lil miss know it all, they can and do flush embryos out of livestock and place into host animals. I love me some animal planet or was it dirty jobs? either way I watched it with envy and wondered why it weren't possible for hooomans.
insert something inane here so your bubba isn't under that bit of info.
wow she's growing love the little cupid mouth, i think you should send her to me, yes yes I do.
I see she has that stoney stare down pat. Perfect for when she hands over her report card in 16 years with straight A's and N-, and then has the gall to ask for the car keys.
And I am most certainly not an inferior female.
I may have gotten a few N- in my lifetime... probably for attitude as well. I personally like your attitude and like my own as well so what does that say about me :D
Very cute pic of your little girl. She definitely has that stare down pat.
Um, she's really gorgeous. But I'm sure you knew that already.
Re the attitude, I'm afraid I would have got the annoyingly anxious to please grade, whatever that was.
Post a Comment
<< Home