Endlessly Fascinating
If she could, my daughter would stay up at least 16 hours out of every 24. She hates going to sleep and I have resorted to letting her "cry it out". I feel like such a bitch.
It has gradually been getting worse and worse and for a few days last week, she refused to go to sleep unless I was walking her in her stroller which I don't mind doing but it seems like a bad habit to get into. When she does sleep, she is such a happy child and she likes to try rolling over and exploring things. When she doesn't sleep, she is ah.... I'm trying to think of a term that expresses my love for her at the same time as indicating exactly what she's like when sleep deprived ... nope, I'm not finding it.
She is interested in everything and every little noise will stop her from drifting off. I had forgotten how endlessly interesting the world can be (even the sound of the dishwasher and the neighbour mowing his lawn).
Finally, having reached my wits end several weeks ago, I have resorted to putting her down and letting her cry (which brings me near to tears as well). The up side is that it only takes about 2 minutes of crying and she nods off but the down side is that it feels like about 200 minutes.
Whenever she wakes up I go and get her immediately and she is all big smiles. I imagine she hasn't clued in to the fact that I purposely stay away after I put her down. Once she clues in I guess it's no more mother's day presents for me.
Anyway, here she is again after a nap (when the world is sunny and full of possibilities)
{picture deleted}
DinoD
If she could, my daughter would stay up at least 16 hours out of every 24. She hates going to sleep and I have resorted to letting her "cry it out". I feel like such a bitch.
It has gradually been getting worse and worse and for a few days last week, she refused to go to sleep unless I was walking her in her stroller which I don't mind doing but it seems like a bad habit to get into. When she does sleep, she is such a happy child and she likes to try rolling over and exploring things. When she doesn't sleep, she is ah.... I'm trying to think of a term that expresses my love for her at the same time as indicating exactly what she's like when sleep deprived ... nope, I'm not finding it.
She is interested in everything and every little noise will stop her from drifting off. I had forgotten how endlessly interesting the world can be (even the sound of the dishwasher and the neighbour mowing his lawn).
Finally, having reached my wits end several weeks ago, I have resorted to putting her down and letting her cry (which brings me near to tears as well). The up side is that it only takes about 2 minutes of crying and she nods off but the down side is that it feels like about 200 minutes.
Whenever she wakes up I go and get her immediately and she is all big smiles. I imagine she hasn't clued in to the fact that I purposely stay away after I put her down. Once she clues in I guess it's no more mother's day presents for me.
Anyway, here she is again after a nap (when the world is sunny and full of possibilities)
{picture deleted}
DinoD

4 Comments:
You need to provide a "before" shot so we can get a better handle of this crying business you speak of.
Babies cry? Who knew?
She is adorable! I am just so happy that you have her, finally.
What a doll!! I was feeling sorry for you, but that face makes me on her side:) LOL
She is gorgeous - in fact I visited here yesterday and should have been first to leave a comment, but the gorgeous-ness of your daughter left me speechless (comment-less)
Do you know what I think (probably not, as I haven't told you) - I think when she cries she (a) is not hungry (b) is not wet or soiled so is not crying for those reasons, which would be a Bad Thing. She is learning that sometimes she needs to sleep too, in spite of how exciting the world is. And it would be such a shame if you were letting yourself get stressed about a little learning experience for her. Though I appreciate it must be very tough, given how completely adorable she is.
Post a Comment
<< Home