Maimed
I hate to shatter your vision of me but no, we don't always dress her up quite so much. It was a special day - I had to go to the Dr. and my husband met us there to take our daughter for a while. My Dr. office is located above a fairly large mall so my husband got to parade around with our youngest. I dolled her up for her date with her papa.
She does wear clothes quite often but is also known to hangout in her sleepers all day on ocassion. The shoes - I love her shoes. Robeez - a local company which I think has now been bought by some large company? I can't decide which pair to buy her next - maybe the ones with the large hearts?
DD recently reminded me of a quote I hate: "What does not destroy me, makes me strong" (Milton). Bah, I hate all the similar sayings that spring from that. One of my very first comments was on Julianna's blog and I said something about hating that quote and asking if no one else notices all the cripples? Yeah, adversity may make me stronger or it may break me or it may just maim me. I guess it's often a choice as to how you'll repond so maybe it's true for someone who's already pretty damn strong.
Speaking of strong, does anyone know how Julianna is doing? Has she started another blog and I just don't know about it?
Yes Shinny, I'm posting like a fiend these days - just trying to figure something out.
DinoD
I hate to shatter your vision of me but no, we don't always dress her up quite so much. It was a special day - I had to go to the Dr. and my husband met us there to take our daughter for a while. My Dr. office is located above a fairly large mall so my husband got to parade around with our youngest. I dolled her up for her date with her papa.
She does wear clothes quite often but is also known to hangout in her sleepers all day on ocassion. The shoes - I love her shoes. Robeez - a local company which I think has now been bought by some large company? I can't decide which pair to buy her next - maybe the ones with the large hearts?
DD recently reminded me of a quote I hate: "What does not destroy me, makes me strong" (Milton). Bah, I hate all the similar sayings that spring from that. One of my very first comments was on Julianna's blog and I said something about hating that quote and asking if no one else notices all the cripples? Yeah, adversity may make me stronger or it may break me or it may just maim me. I guess it's often a choice as to how you'll repond so maybe it's true for someone who's already pretty damn strong.
Speaking of strong, does anyone know how Julianna is doing? Has she started another blog and I just don't know about it?
Yes Shinny, I'm posting like a fiend these days - just trying to figure something out.
DinoD

2 Comments:
Now you did sense my sarcasm when I quoted that, didn't you? 'Cause I swear, there are some days I wish it'd just kill me and be over....okay, not really, but I think you know what I mean.
XBoy had a pair of Robeez that I got for him when he started pulling himself up. I liked the non-slippage since almost all of our floors were hardwoord or linoleum.
I wonder what your experiment is?
I'm sending something via email that you might find interesting.
Hi Sweetie,
I still read you regularly through my feeds and was stunned to see that you were asking about me! Wow. Thank you and your little angel is just precious.
I don't blog anymore and I try to keep up with everyone through my feeds and am ever so neglectful about clicking onto each blog and saying something. I have become one of the voyeurs I suppose.
I really don't have much to say on a blog anymore but I do update my flickr account regularly. Several of my oil paintings won awards at the fair and I so enjoy that creative outlet. Oh yeah, we also have a little addition, "Sophia Loren Scarlett O'Hara" (aka Sophie) takes up much of my flickr space now-a-days. She is an angel and helps me with my need to nurture and love a little one.
I am doing well and am getting used to my cards. I have to be thankful for what I do have and not sulk about what I didn't get.
I think of you and DD and Cricket and Emily and Wessel and I really should stop typing as I am afraid that I am hogging your blog at the moment. Thank you for your sweet words of wonder and am so pleased to be able to read about the precious people who still continue to blog.
All my love,
Julianna
Post a Comment
<< Home