Anyway, the last few weeks have definitely driven the point home to me. What point I hear you asking? The fact that I no longer belong in the whole IF blogging sphere. For some reason, it just seems so different to me than when I started blogging (a little over two years ago).
I can't read another post about how insensitive others are. I can't read another gripe about "fertiles" (lord I hate that term). I can't take another post about someone hoping for multiples. I don't want to read about how many units of whatever medication someone is taking on their protocol. I only wish the best for those people still battling IF - chalk up my bitchiness to my age I guess.
But where are the people who could make me feel like I had been slapped in the face (or at least made me feel inadequate or that I had a lot to learn)? Is it just me or does everyone seem to obsessed with who's reading their blog and what the reaction is going to be? As I said to Jen before - I feel like all the current IF bloggers are going to burst into a rousing rendtion of Kumbayah at any moment (not that that's a bad thing necessarily but Kumbayah????)
Good lord but I miss those people whose blogs shouted at me and pushed me to think differently. Okay, so maybe it is just me. Good thing I'm going. I'd probably throw myself under a bus to help some of the people I've met through blogging - yep, I like y'all that much but my kids also need me so maybe it's just as well a lot of you are either not posting anymore or have made it through the IF/SIF quagmire.
The previous post was supposed to be my last and hence the whole photo-op but then I received an e-mail asking why I was being so stingy with letting people know about my new blog and I can't bear the thought of people thinking that I've left them off the list (we all know I'm just not that exclusive).
My son has told me that he doesn't want his picture posted but the wee one is still too little to tell me what to do so I will leave you with one more picture just to prove that tiny little miracles can happen (or at least that one happened to me).
Love, hugs and smooches
DinoD

13 Comments:
I think there are now several IF blogospheres, with some venn diagram type overlaps between them. There is definitely a happy clappy please let me have twins from my clomid cycle one, there is a tired, bitter veterans one, there is the cycle/daily life journalling one. And of course the ex-IF mummys. All have their faults, and yes, I know what you mean about people treading lightly from time to time. I'm not about to sing Kumbaya, I have to say, but I have been very saddened by all the losses of the last couple of weeks.
Always good to hear from you, my friend, and your daughter is quite the looker.
It's a wonder you still stop by my blog(s) with the abundance of my use of "fertiles" as a curse; the woe-is-me-nobody-loves-me carrying on; and I rarely ever shout and lord forbid I actually make anyone think!
It must be the soft-side of you, right? I know it's there somewhere under that crocodile hide.
And I could never imagine you going pwp unless it was just a blog about your children. You like stirring it up a bit and it's really no fun stirring it up for people who expect it.
See you in the funny papers, Dino. If I have a girl, I'm sorry, but I won't name her after you. That would be weird considering my name, however I'm sure I'll find something equally pleasing.
Please don't leave me out. I moved on from the IF/SIF trenches and you are very right about the IF blogosphere being very different these days.
I am on blog #3 now, as the in-laws found "We Dream of Baby" and THEN found "SIF and Us." Email me and I'll give you the password over at the new digs if you wanna.
Hugs,
Katrina
okay
I have to say.
Your baby is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G.!!!
i was without my computer the month of December and when i finally got it back from the shop, your bloglines post only showed that you had deleted the picture you had previously posted thus, my ignorance... but I am not kidding you (and not that it really matters - my nephew was one of the ugliest children I had ever seen but we all felt so blessed to have him so i don't want to appear shallow) but really, your daughter is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen.
I am so behind the loop about the blog world that I have no idea what you are referring to and actually, I am glad that I don't know!
Whilst catching up with blogs, I kept reading about some of the heartbreaking stories and have found myself in tears for them and their families. Very sad and depressing.
For some damn reason, my blog is still on the air after two years of what was supposed to be a one year free service so although I do expect it to go poof into the night sometime in the future, I just let it sit there for now. It is amazing what people come to read about or google so you are probably helping many people without even knowing it. Do what makes you feel comfortable.
Sorry for the book but I also want to say that I am sorry that you have all been under the weather. I really hope that you all get better soon.
Much love,
I hope you all get well soon. Resistant bacteria are very scary, too bad they don't get the same media attention as far-fetched terrorist scenarios. Here everyone is shaking for terrorists, while their neighbour is cultivating resistant bacteria under their nose.
Thalia makes a good point about the IF blogosphere(s). Kumbaya, haha. Would I still be reading blogs if I hadn't had the insane luck of having a baby? Probably, but a different selection than the ones I read today.
If you're looking for someone who's dying for a debating partner, here's one:
childrenhaverights-saynotoreprotech.blogspot.com
I obviously don't agree with the authers blank dismissal of all things ART. I don't have the inclination to debate with the woman. She writes like a tabloid, which turns me off. And I'm a wimp.
Your little girl is gorgeous. Those eyes! Can I clone her? No? I'll settle for an invite to your new blog then, if and when you decide to make one.
I agree with Thalia - I inhabit the "getting pregnant not so bad, keeping it not so good" blog-sub-sphere where a cycle is what happens every 28 days, very little is known about what's going on as it doesn't happen in a petri-dish, and there are no injections unless you happen to have clotting issues.
I also inhabit the "adoption/foster care" sphere - where children come with actual memories, and there is no adopting "from" somewhere unless it's another county.
Some of the other inhabitants already have children, some of them blissfully unware the first time that there could be problems. That's fine - we can learn from each other.
She's adorable :D And Squeak has the exact same exersaucer - we both have good taste obviously.
As for kumbayah - not going to be happening for me in the long or short term. I'm just not that friendly.
As for the super bug you're growing... culture that sucker so you can get on the right antibiotic. I fear I have M R S A colonized due to the work I do, I could of course be wrong. So - here's hoping all start feeling better. That you eventually get a blog going that I can read - because I am reading few and far between blogs and would love to keep up to date on you and your little ones...
I hope you continue to stop by my blog - even though my posting is erratic at best... Ernie would be hurt if he never got to hear me read your charming comments :D
Hope you are all better soon. I'm with you with the cursing of idiots who can't finish a course of antibiotics - same bunch of fools who no doubt wanted them for their case of the sniffles.
My personal blogosphere is odd - I suppose because I came so late - after most of my IVF cycles and after one child and without my own blog. I seem to be in a loss / sif/post ART mummy circuit. I started by hanging round in places referenced by Thalia (who I knew through a clinic mb) and with some I just keep on coming by as something hooks me in - snarkier the better does it for me with absolutely no kumbaya. So if you do continue I would like to be able to still pop in.
DinoD, are you saying I don't make you think??? (kidding)
I always enjoyed reading your blog, but I am glad that you don't feel part of the (S)IF club anymore. Yeah for that!
And for the rest: take good care of yourself and yours. I hope you all feel better soon. And I hope spring is coming soon, as I am tired of this bla weather (and occasional snow, who needs that - other than Mr H)...
your little girl is super cute!
dinod your bloody comment section is pinging me off big time, this is the 3rd attempt i've had. please email me jenstoy@gmail.com i don't want to lose touch completely and i have news just for you.can you guess what it is? it doesnt even involve icecream and cookies... take care kiddo... Jen
Hook me up when you move, if possible! I'd love to keep up with your news.
Don't sweat it if you're becoming a little exclusive, however. You gotta do what you gotta do!
whoops forgot to include my email:
isabel dot klint at gmail dot com
It appears I haven't commented here, which I assume must be breaking your heart.
Your daughter is delicious.
I am jealous.
This comment is not as mean as it may sound, but I am fed up waiting and I think you will understand.
Post a Comment
<< Home