{picture deleted}
So this is what one year old looks like.
She is walking (up to 8 or nine steps at a time), finally sleeping a little better and she generally rules our house. It's a good thing she adores our son or he'd probably be fed up with the whole thing by now.
She is incredibly social and loves smiling and waving at strangers whenever we go out. I regularly have to say things like "well, we really have to go now" just prior to moving the stroller at ramming speed in order to part the crowd. Okay, maybe it's not quite that bad but there is one store that I now avoid like the plague as all the clerks rush to see my daughter whenever we're there. They'll actually call to each other "_____ is here".
I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that this is my life. I was so certain that we would never have a second child that I will probably have to spend just as long convincing myself that we now have one (I guess she'll be about 5 then).
My son is still not convinced he should allow his picture to be posted here. I can tell you that he is reading like crazy now (mainly Asterix and Geronimo Stilton these days) and at the beginning of this past school year he didn't even know his alphabet. He tends to do that to us - worry us like crazy with delays and then surge ahead and cover a year or two of work in a few months (that's how he was when he learned to talk as well). It keeps us on our toes.
I won't be going back to work for another 9 or 10 months and so I am planning on thoroughly enjoying my kids until then (well, after then as well). I could tell you about various things that have happened to us over the last few months (including a Nazi Penguin in our shrubs) but I'd rather read about what y'all are doing. I am posting simply out of desperation as so few of you blog much anymore. I am allowed to quit but you my dears are not.
Hugs and smooches, DinoD
So this is what one year old looks like.
She is walking (up to 8 or nine steps at a time), finally sleeping a little better and she generally rules our house. It's a good thing she adores our son or he'd probably be fed up with the whole thing by now.
She is incredibly social and loves smiling and waving at strangers whenever we go out. I regularly have to say things like "well, we really have to go now" just prior to moving the stroller at ramming speed in order to part the crowd. Okay, maybe it's not quite that bad but there is one store that I now avoid like the plague as all the clerks rush to see my daughter whenever we're there. They'll actually call to each other "_____ is here".
I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that this is my life. I was so certain that we would never have a second child that I will probably have to spend just as long convincing myself that we now have one (I guess she'll be about 5 then).
My son is still not convinced he should allow his picture to be posted here. I can tell you that he is reading like crazy now (mainly Asterix and Geronimo Stilton these days) and at the beginning of this past school year he didn't even know his alphabet. He tends to do that to us - worry us like crazy with delays and then surge ahead and cover a year or two of work in a few months (that's how he was when he learned to talk as well). It keeps us on our toes.
I won't be going back to work for another 9 or 10 months and so I am planning on thoroughly enjoying my kids until then (well, after then as well). I could tell you about various things that have happened to us over the last few months (including a Nazi Penguin in our shrubs) but I'd rather read about what y'all are doing. I am posting simply out of desperation as so few of you blog much anymore. I am allowed to quit but you my dears are not.
Hugs and smooches, DinoD

13 Comments:
Oh my gawd she is so friggin' cute! maybe she and Max can go on long walks between the couch and table together...
She's adorable :D Hard to believe what a difference a year makes isn't it? I haven't quit blogging... I just haven't had a thing to really say. Give me time I'll be back, but look what silence will do - get you to post and that's a beautiful thing. Thank you thank you thank you for the update!
Thanks for the update:))))) Your girl is beautiful!!!
Ooh gorgeous. Nearly as gorgeous as Pob - or maybe a bit more, but I can't say that as Pob is all mine and therefore I have to think she is the most gorgeous. Pob does that to strangers too. I wonder at what age we should start to worry?
Glad to hear all is well. Always good to hear from you.
She is very very cute indeed. I'd stop to say hello. I want to hear more about that penguin....
I made sure to plan ZGirl's birth so that she wouldn't steal your thunder...oh hell, who am I kidding? She's totally frickin' adorable!
Happy Birth Day, to you both.
Ooh a crowd charmer!
My girl can charm a person or two at a time, but crowds, not quite. :-)
Good to hear from you!
:swoon: I'd be wanting to make you stop so i could play with her too. How did a whole year go by? time has flown, now do tell about the penguins.
Jen who can't remember her stinking url.
Freak accident that I clicked on you today. ;) She is adorable! I love when people stop to admire Marjorie, and she does too. She actually gives people a dirty look if they just walk by without at least smiling at her. She knows what she wants and what she wants is lots and lots of attention.
Have been meaning to tell you that horse toy you sent her is still her favorite toy in the whole world. Still wish you would relent and let me send you something for your girl. I promise I won't drive to Canada and stalk you. ;)
You gave birth to this adorable creature at the age of 44???? Okay, as a 43yo 4 times IVF failure I am about to read your blog from start to end to find out how you did it! Congratulations on your wonderful success!
Lovely to see your pic and read your post.
I had a hair idea! Get those teeny tiny rubber bands and do the Pebbles flintstone thing! She might not be able to pull those out like clips.
Hi - bit late here, no surprise that I am totally not with it and my grand old age, I am not the most teccy, and don't have alerts set up when UNEXPECTED blog entries appear!! I thought you had left and gone away!
She's lovely, and it's so good to know that she waves and smiles at complete strangers, as I worry that it is Theo's poor attachment issues that make him such a complete sucker for all the attention he can get (and it's LOTS).
I keep planning to update my blog a bit, but it's finding the time and making it a priority . . . can't think what I do all day!
Post a Comment
<< Home