Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Best Health Care System in the World ...

exists in some other country. I'm tired of hearing Canadians proclaiming about how wonderful our health care system is (heaven forbid that we ever change anything about it).

So I get to walk around with what is almost certainly a dead embryo along for the ride. And no, I cannot obtain an ultrasound anytime in the next week or two.

Why? Because I am not an urgent case. I am unlikely to suffer any long term consequences (at least physically) from having a miscarriage in two weeks versus immediately. The ultrasound clinics are booked and I am simply NOT a priority.

Well, I understand that. However, if we actually had any privitized health care we would almost certainly have more ultrasound clinics and I would gladly pay a few hundred dollars for an ultrasound. And no, this does not make me some privileged, money flashing, upper class, undeserving bitch. It simply makes me someone who doesn't want to walk around for a couple of weeks waiting for a gush of blood and all the sadness that follows.

But, heaven forbid we allow ANY private clinics. Oh, wait, we do have private clinics, those would be all the fertility clinics that an entire socio-economic strata does not have access to. I guess that's okay ????

Anyway, that's the way I feel today.

DinoD

1 Comments:

Blogger msfitzita said...

Don't get me started on our health care system...

I'm still sending positive thoughts, vibes, hugs and hope your way, just so you know.

I can't imagine how hard this is for you, and I hate that it is. I really, really hate it. Things sound good, but I know and understand all too well that that means nothing to you right now.

So instead of anything even remotely useful, I'm sending a million (((((((((HUGS))))))))) and hoping you feel one or two of them.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home