She Lied As Well
Upon deep reflection, perhaps I didn't need to be quite so sheepish that I slightly distorted the truth to my Dr. There I was, beating myself up over my method of attaining another HCG level. Little did I think that perhaps I was not the only dishonest party in the conversation.
So when I arrived for the blood test yesterday, the lab requisition had not been faxed and then once it had been faxed, there was no request for immediate processing. And no, the Dr. didn't phone with the results either (you know I would have passed on any news). So maybe I'm not so scary after all... something else I'll have to work on.
However, I am still convinced that this pregnancy is doomed (when talking to my husband I actually don't refer to as my pregnancy, I refer to it as the 5th miscarriage). This is the sixth time I've been pregnant and every time, the length of the pregnancy has been directly correlated with the degree of nausea and it just isn't very prevalant this time.
I can tell that the progesterone is pumping away but the HCG is surely lagging. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep these beautiful breasts after the miscarriage but short of surgery or a regime of many drugs, I'm not sure how to do that.
Onwards.
DinoD
Upon deep reflection, perhaps I didn't need to be quite so sheepish that I slightly distorted the truth to my Dr. There I was, beating myself up over my method of attaining another HCG level. Little did I think that perhaps I was not the only dishonest party in the conversation.
So when I arrived for the blood test yesterday, the lab requisition had not been faxed and then once it had been faxed, there was no request for immediate processing. And no, the Dr. didn't phone with the results either (you know I would have passed on any news). So maybe I'm not so scary after all... something else I'll have to work on.
However, I am still convinced that this pregnancy is doomed (when talking to my husband I actually don't refer to as my pregnancy, I refer to it as the 5th miscarriage). This is the sixth time I've been pregnant and every time, the length of the pregnancy has been directly correlated with the degree of nausea and it just isn't very prevalant this time.
I can tell that the progesterone is pumping away but the HCG is surely lagging. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep these beautiful breasts after the miscarriage but short of surgery or a regime of many drugs, I'm not sure how to do that.
Onwards.
DinoD

2 Comments:
I think I would go nuts with your healthcare system. If you can imagine me pounding my fists you'd be about right.
Argggghh... Damn it all... are you close to the border? Seriously come across go to a local hospital and get one done... they'll probably even scan you.
In regards to your comment on my blog... I say that I won't hope and then of course fall flat on my face once things get going in the right direction... and I totally agree with you that with all we've been through... the rest of life is cake.
I'm shaking my fist at those medical professionals you are dealing with... knobs!
What is their problem? How irritating!
Do they think you should be used to this by now? Ugh. Hang in there.
Post a Comment
<< Home