I Am The Black Knight
The summer is not going well. How to quantify "not well"? How about failing over half of my class? How about failing over 3/4 of my class? That qualifies as "not well" doesn't it?
For anyone who came back to follow up on my threat to do a frozen cycle in the summer, that's a no go. At six weeks post miscarriage, I'm not up for the ride again (if ever). And so the frozones languish. Occasionally I stick my head in the freezer just so that I can empathize with them (okay, so I don't actually do this but it couldn't hurt at this point).
I feel like I have been madly collecting pieces of myself as they fall off. I gallantly stick them back on and then bind it all up with masking tape (perhaps that's the problem, duct tape would work so much better wouldn't it?) So I am left as a wobbly, distorted, clump of bits and pieces. I sway back and forth and loudly proclaim "Tis but a scratch. Just a flesh wound."
I'm not sure that anyone actually buys it but it keeps my head above the water (can you hear the sounds of mad paddling?)
Cheers
DinoD
The summer is not going well. How to quantify "not well"? How about failing over half of my class? How about failing over 3/4 of my class? That qualifies as "not well" doesn't it?
For anyone who came back to follow up on my threat to do a frozen cycle in the summer, that's a no go. At six weeks post miscarriage, I'm not up for the ride again (if ever). And so the frozones languish. Occasionally I stick my head in the freezer just so that I can empathize with them (okay, so I don't actually do this but it couldn't hurt at this point).
I feel like I have been madly collecting pieces of myself as they fall off. I gallantly stick them back on and then bind it all up with masking tape (perhaps that's the problem, duct tape would work so much better wouldn't it?) So I am left as a wobbly, distorted, clump of bits and pieces. I sway back and forth and loudly proclaim "Tis but a scratch. Just a flesh wound."
I'm not sure that anyone actually buys it but it keeps my head above the water (can you hear the sounds of mad paddling?)
Cheers
DinoD

8 Comments:
My heart aches for you, but I know not as nearly as much as yours does. If only there was something I could do.
I'm first and foremost sorry your summer is not going well... and I'm glad I'm not one of your students as my motivation at this point is probably that of the failing 3/4 of the class.
As for the frozen cycle... whenever it happens, if it happens I'll be rooting for you on the journey and hanging on for the ride. I can understand not wanting to get on that particular band wagon so to speak and leading the parade at this point.
I'd send you some gorilla glue if I thought it would piece you back together rather than just clumping things together.
I pray for healing for you and your husband and that the scratch or flesh wound or whatnot slowly heals and leaves you whole again rather than pieced together. Sending lots of love, lots of thoughts, and a life vest so you won't have to paddle so hard to tread that water.
I wish there was more that I could do. If you look over in the horizon I'm probably there, in the water with you and hoping we reach shore soon.
Oh dear. You definitely need a break, from the universe and just from the daily grind. This is so much more than just a flesh wound (although I do appreciate the reference). I hope you can find things to soothe your body and your heart.
geez....so very sorry. DAMN. At least you don't have to worry about your parents putting you on restriction because of the bad grades? trying to see some kind of silver lining.....
so sorry.
So sorry that the summer is sucking big time so far. Wish there was something I could do to help you out.
Glad to see you back to posting again though, I have missed you but loved that you did pop in to stalk me. ;) You da bomb!
Hope that summer starts to improve a bit for you. Sending Pollyanna vibes your way.
Um... I guess I should have said that I am failing over half the students in my class (i.e. they all hate me right now). I realize that my post could have sounded like I myself was failing in a class - not the case although I am maybe earning a failing grade as a lecturer. Go figure
DinoD
Glad that you're still above water, but the paddling sounds a bit frantic. I hope that the summer gets a bit better from here.
Thanks for the words of support. I'd mail you but, don't have an address.
I loved the analogy with telling teenagers to think unPG thoughts as contraception. I've got to remember that one, though I think I have to watch the snarky comments when it comes to my presumedly fertile friends.
I hope you're feeling a little better.
Post a Comment
<< Home