Pregnant, Not Expecting
The least I should be able to do at this point is use the parking spaces close to the doors of Toys ar Us. You know, the ones for pregnant women. Ahum... that would actually be for "expectant mothers". And you know, I think they mean women expecting to have a baby - not women expecting a miscarriage.
I keep thinking about a blog I read a while ago wherein the author was lamenting that as an adoptive mother, she should be able to use the "expectant mothers" parking (somewhat tongue in cheek). What I am yearning for now is a very thin friend who is waiting for adoption paperwork. We could park in one of those spots and who could possible deny us? She would cover the "expectant" part and I would cover the "pregnant part".
My Dr. is working on moving the next ultrasound date up (from the 26th). My HCG is over 20,000 which means that I have all the same symptoms as any other 8 weeks pregnant woman which only makes all of this more difficult. I am going for another HCG tomorrow but I'm not really sure what the point is - even in a viable pregnancy, the HCG can start to decline by 8 weeks. I guess if we saw a drastic decline, that might be indication enough but with the nausea, increase in bra size, abdominal bloating, sensitivity to smells and dizziness (more than usual), I don't expect to see much change in the hormone levels.
Can you still say shit? I can and do frequently (along with other choice words and phrases).
DinoD
The least I should be able to do at this point is use the parking spaces close to the doors of Toys ar Us. You know, the ones for pregnant women. Ahum... that would actually be for "expectant mothers". And you know, I think they mean women expecting to have a baby - not women expecting a miscarriage.
I keep thinking about a blog I read a while ago wherein the author was lamenting that as an adoptive mother, she should be able to use the "expectant mothers" parking (somewhat tongue in cheek). What I am yearning for now is a very thin friend who is waiting for adoption paperwork. We could park in one of those spots and who could possible deny us? She would cover the "expectant" part and I would cover the "pregnant part".
My Dr. is working on moving the next ultrasound date up (from the 26th). My HCG is over 20,000 which means that I have all the same symptoms as any other 8 weeks pregnant woman which only makes all of this more difficult. I am going for another HCG tomorrow but I'm not really sure what the point is - even in a viable pregnancy, the HCG can start to decline by 8 weeks. I guess if we saw a drastic decline, that might be indication enough but with the nausea, increase in bra size, abdominal bloating, sensitivity to smells and dizziness (more than usual), I don't expect to see much change in the hormone levels.
Can you still say shit? I can and do frequently (along with other choice words and phrases).
DinoD

6 Comments:
My emotions are so torn on this. I really want to hope that something good will happen on the one hand. On the other, I realize that there was no heartbeat on the last ultrasound. Would it be too much to ask if I kept hoping for a happy ending to all this?
I'm hoping for a happy ending too. I hope it's not to much to ask for - I really, really do.
You need a happy ending.
Well shit. I can still say it, right? I hope you can get your U/S appt. moved up, the 26th is way too long to wait.
They want you to wait until the 26th??? Good lord... Seriously we need to steal the u/s machine from Tom Cruise and use the thing... If he can run one than we can right? In all seriousness I'm sorry this sucks so badly and I wish there was something I could do to make it easier, better, the happy ending we all want for you... I'll be cursing and saying "shit" for you in the meantime...
I really want a happy ending for you on this too. Not next week either, in 7 months!
You know good things are supposed to come in threes, so you are now officially my third person who will get good news. So there. :)-
I know, one of these days you are going to get sick of me and just drive to Wisconsin and smack Pollyanna. That will be fine with me as long as it is with a dirty diaper taken off of your baby, ok?
That parking post kicked up quite a storm too.
I can just imagine the stunned look on the face of whomever would attempt to deny you and your friend that parking space. "But, but, ..."
I can only imagine how you feel, having all they symptoms but none of the expectations.
Post a Comment
<< Home