The Never Ending Saga
I feel so sorry for my poor deluded body – it simply does not like to give up its babies. I also feel sorry for the ultrasound technician who was very apologetic.
The long and the short is that this pregnancy is almost certainly doomed but the presence of embryonic material means that no doctor is going to prescribe Mistoprostol at this stage. Yes I am seven weeks and no there is no heartbeat but… but… wait for it. There is some infinitesimally small possibility of viability. Say ah, something like 1 in a million.
The technician even said that yes, we all know where this pregnancy is headed but that no doctor is going to leave even the slightest chance of inducing a miscarriage for me and then having the genetic test come back as normal.
She said “so we should scan again in 10 days”. So once again, I have the great privilege of walking around for a few weeks waiting for the gush that hopefully does not occur in too public a venue (like when I’m lecturing).
Can you say shit? At least I can spell it.
And I bow down to the greater intellect of Ms. Badeggs (damn I hate when people are smarter than me, although maybe I should be used to it by now).
Excuse me while I go and binge on all the crap I bought on the way home.
This is going to give mother’s day this year a whole new spin for me (does a dead embryo count?)
Fucked up DinoD
(I blame my appalling vocabulary in this post entirely on msfitzita)
I feel so sorry for my poor deluded body – it simply does not like to give up its babies. I also feel sorry for the ultrasound technician who was very apologetic.
The long and the short is that this pregnancy is almost certainly doomed but the presence of embryonic material means that no doctor is going to prescribe Mistoprostol at this stage. Yes I am seven weeks and no there is no heartbeat but… but… wait for it. There is some infinitesimally small possibility of viability. Say ah, something like 1 in a million.
The technician even said that yes, we all know where this pregnancy is headed but that no doctor is going to leave even the slightest chance of inducing a miscarriage for me and then having the genetic test come back as normal.
She said “so we should scan again in 10 days”. So once again, I have the great privilege of walking around for a few weeks waiting for the gush that hopefully does not occur in too public a venue (like when I’m lecturing).
Can you say shit? At least I can spell it.
And I bow down to the greater intellect of Ms. Badeggs (damn I hate when people are smarter than me, although maybe I should be used to it by now).
Excuse me while I go and binge on all the crap I bought on the way home.
This is going to give mother’s day this year a whole new spin for me (does a dead embryo count?)
Fucked up DinoD
(I blame my appalling vocabulary in this post entirely on msfitzita)

7 Comments:
OK, I know I'm no rocket scientist, but I have no recollection of how any "embryonic material" has ever spontaneously developed a heartbeat AFTER 7 weeks.
I am so sorry that Time keeps fucking with you as you have to wait again AND over the Mother's Day weekend. If I could, I'd jump in my car and spend the week with you.
And I'm stupified at what the tech said about the chance the genetic test came back normal. What sucks for so many of us who have had miscarriages is that sometimes there is nothing genetically wrong...and I know that certainly does nothing to make you feel better. It's just that her statement was unfounded and ridiculous.
SHIT is the tip of the iceberg to what I'm muttering down here.
Yuk. What a nightmare. My bleeding started just before a yoga class, and I'm so glad it didn't start during (I take, not teach, the class) - I was also kind of relieved that this one happened this term, when I have no teaching - the last one was in my busy term.
This sucks so badly for you and I am so very sorry. I hate that a) they are making you wait and b) that this even happening in the first place. I'm with DD that the statement made by the tech is unfounded and ridiculous and well I think my curse words are too strong to be uttered on here. I'm so very sorry...
This is cruel and unfair. Really, really, really horribly unfair. I have no idea why life treats some people with such malice and forces them to endure such unbearable torment.
I wish I could do something. My prayers seem to go largely unanswered too (at least when it comes to this) but I'll keep on trying just in case.
((((((((HUGS)))))))
They're making you go through this for fear of getting sued???
What, they've never heard of a waiver form????? Sounds like a LAME excuse.
So if you demanded a termination, do you think you would get it? But no help for a miscarriage? They've gone mad.
Julia faced similar refusal of treatment by her dr.
I'm just appalled.
Gawd Dino, I'm just so sorry. I've been MIA and just catching up this morning. Unbelievable. I wish I had more than these wimped out words with which to try to help.
I am so sorry. I wish I had something better to say. I hope that somehow you made it through Sunday, what an awful day, made even worse by bad news.
Post a Comment
<< Home