Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Latest (not greatest)

Well up to and including the bloodtest this last Friday, the HCG levels were doing their doubling thing. However, this changed over the weekend. From Friday to Monday the HCG levels went up by only about 23% (forecast doubling time of somewhere around 9 days, not that this matters any longer). And yes, I'm up over 10,000 but remember - this means nothing in my case - f'ing placenta.

So I'm off to another dr. tomorrow to see if anyone can line up an ultrasound earlier than next week. I'd like to take the misprostol on Thursday evening or Friday so that I can hopefully have all of this over by next week. I'm sick and tired of waiting and checking and just everything. I don't think my dr. will prescribe any drugs until the results are verified by ultrasound.

In order of increasing difficulty: no pregnancy, chemical pregnancy, shitty pregnancy that gives me great HCG numbers and nothing else.

I'm tired and I want my body back (without the unnecessary bits).

DinoD

5 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Forgive my ignorance, what is the beta supposed to be doing at this point if things were "normal"? Remember it's me (beta start of 44 w/beta max of 68.

I keep thinking of you.

5:36 PM  
Blogger DinosaurD said...

Hey dd - normal for right now would be doubling around every 3 - 4 days. The level of HCG is fine (11,000) but not the rate of increase.
Shocked, shocked I am - okay well maybe not so much.
With regards to your situation, I keep on wanting to tell you to pull out all the stops and keep trying but I know it's dependent on your husband to a large extent. But... you do get to a point where it's just not worth it anymore - even just looking at the risks for genetic problems with embryos for anyone my age.
I guess I just envy anyone who can still try and is less than say 40. Yep, that's right - I envy you. Make Mr. dd get the damn SA.
Would it help if I sent him an e-mail saying it was a woman's last request prior to miscarrying?
DinoD

6:23 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I am so sorry that you are in this terrible limbo land.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

Dino

I hate limbo land... I hope the Canadian docs get that stick out of their ass and scan you so you can quit being in limbo. I know this isn't how any of us wanted this to end up...

Know I'm thinking of you, cursing the docs you are dealing with and just wishing there was something I could do to help.

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so damn sorry. It's bad enough that the pregnancy is not going to fly, but won't they just let you get over the damn thing?

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home