She Talks, She Runs
I've read the criticism of using "I've been busy". Critics say that simply means you can't be bothered or don't care enough to make the time but PLEASE.... try having two parents working full-time while only using part-time daycare - throw in a 9 year old who needs some time and attention, a two year old who demands time and attention (and has an acute failure to nap). Top with a house, a 45 minute commute each way and colds/flu since the last week of January and guess what?
I'VE BEEN BUSY.
As in really busy ... as in a manicure has devolved to me biting off my nails while I drive to daycare/work. Friends - ha. Date nights - ha. Exercise - ha. Clean house - ha. Hair-cuts - ha. Medical appointments - ha.
The only things I have managed to do is to keep my relationships flourishing with my husband and kids. And my house just barely clean enough that I don't worry overly much about being reported to social services.
And so yes, I've been absent from most blogs for most of the last 6 months. Sometimes I'll briefly skim but seldom comment.
I'm old anyway - y'all should prepare yourselves for when I'm no longer here :-)
Anyway, my son still wishes to have his privacy and my daughter is no longer a fan of the camera as well but I do believe she would be willing to have me post one of her action shots (and there are few that are not).
And she talks and sings as well (no mean feat as the words mute and selective mutism were bandied about a fair deal until only a couple of months ago).
Ahem... she picked out her own outfit - don't look at me.
So assuming anyone still drops by, how are y'all doing?
DinoD
I've read the criticism of using "I've been busy". Critics say that simply means you can't be bothered or don't care enough to make the time but PLEASE.... try having two parents working full-time while only using part-time daycare - throw in a 9 year old who needs some time and attention, a two year old who demands time and attention (and has an acute failure to nap). Top with a house, a 45 minute commute each way and colds/flu since the last week of January and guess what?
I'VE BEEN BUSY.
As in really busy ... as in a manicure has devolved to me biting off my nails while I drive to daycare/work. Friends - ha. Date nights - ha. Exercise - ha. Clean house - ha. Hair-cuts - ha. Medical appointments - ha.
The only things I have managed to do is to keep my relationships flourishing with my husband and kids. And my house just barely clean enough that I don't worry overly much about being reported to social services.
And so yes, I've been absent from most blogs for most of the last 6 months. Sometimes I'll briefly skim but seldom comment.
I'm old anyway - y'all should prepare yourselves for when I'm no longer here :-)
Anyway, my son still wishes to have his privacy and my daughter is no longer a fan of the camera as well but I do believe she would be willing to have me post one of her action shots (and there are few that are not).
And she talks and sings as well (no mean feat as the words mute and selective mutism were bandied about a fair deal until only a couple of months ago).
Ahem... she picked out her own outfit - don't look at me.
So assuming anyone still drops by, how are y'all doing?
DinoD

6 Comments:
Busy ;-)
All well here. 2.5 year old talks and talks and talks. And dances and sings and jumps and likes to play sleeping tigers. 10 month old will.not.sit.down. Sitting is for wimps. Standing is where it's at. But if he lets go, he falls down. Rinse, repeat.
Good to hear from you.
Luckily for you, I never clear my reader.
Oh, it's me: DD
I've matured too, into more consonants.
Busy, busy here too. New baby, cleaner gone awol, other kids needing to be carted to and fro from school, swimming, ballet etc, at least I have proper maternity "leave".
Busy as well! Always glad to see you post.
What's wrong with the outfit?
My 2.5 year old is a very talkative littly missy, and has been for a good while now. She loves to sing too.
She likes to climb on stuff - which always makes me hold my breath in fear.
I'm not confident I'm doing so well in maintaining my relationship with my husband.
busy is the short answer and hey it's bout all i have time to leave these days. love the outfit wish I could pull off that combo with as much aplomb as she can. well this is equaling your post for length and words used so i'm off to go chase the blobbies around the backyard and try to convince them that wearing hats pulled down to chin level whilst running around is not such a good idea.
post more, you really should you know even short updates are uber cool.
love to all
Post a Comment
<< Home