Musings #1
This sounds like a threat, doesn't it? The suspense of wondering what musings #37 will be must be almost overwhelming. Okay... so maybe not.
Anyway, I just wanted to say thank-you again to those of you who received my email a week or so ago requesting that you visit a certain blog (I don't have emails for some of you or I would have probably sent it to everyone). Thank-you, thank-you and ahem... thank-you. The delight was palpable even if it doesn't come across in the replies (much concern was had over the failure of wordpress to thread responses properly). And the map... the map is fantastic. So again, thank-you.
So why am I still surprised? I sent out the request without hesitating for a moment about whether it was appropriate, whether the responses would be appropriate, whether it would be obnoxious to ask, etc. And you guys were fanstastic.
On the other hand, we have kept this quiet from family members except for one and that one has not visited or even indicated they received the email.
So my musing: how come I implicitly trust people that I have never even met (y'all) and have no faith at all in family members (which seems to be justified)?
And where can I trade my extended family members?
This offer excludes my husband (cough, cough), son (sniffle, cough) and my daughter (cough, cough, vomit). The brackets indicated current sounds coming from the various members of my immediate family - sigh. Wish us luck heading into week #3 of flu/ cold/ just general malaise.
And thanks again (have I grovelled enough?)
DinoD
This sounds like a threat, doesn't it? The suspense of wondering what musings #37 will be must be almost overwhelming. Okay... so maybe not.
Anyway, I just wanted to say thank-you again to those of you who received my email a week or so ago requesting that you visit a certain blog (I don't have emails for some of you or I would have probably sent it to everyone). Thank-you, thank-you and ahem... thank-you. The delight was palpable even if it doesn't come across in the replies (much concern was had over the failure of wordpress to thread responses properly). And the map... the map is fantastic. So again, thank-you.
So why am I still surprised? I sent out the request without hesitating for a moment about whether it was appropriate, whether the responses would be appropriate, whether it would be obnoxious to ask, etc. And you guys were fanstastic.
On the other hand, we have kept this quiet from family members except for one and that one has not visited or even indicated they received the email.
So my musing: how come I implicitly trust people that I have never even met (y'all) and have no faith at all in family members (which seems to be justified)?
And where can I trade my extended family members?
This offer excludes my husband (cough, cough), son (sniffle, cough) and my daughter (cough, cough, vomit). The brackets indicated current sounds coming from the various members of my immediate family - sigh. Wish us luck heading into week #3 of flu/ cold/ just general malaise.
And thanks again (have I grovelled enough?)
DinoD

3 Comments:
Are you kidding? I've subscribed to the feed and am now awaiting the next post.
Ah, family. Well.
I suppose they reckon you have to love them no matter how little they invest in the relationship - because of blood ties and all.
Friends, invest or lose them.
Is there a 12-step program for recovering IF women? I have lost a lot of people along the way.
Because we're fabulous women of course :) and infertility is a tie that binds us. I know with all I went through my family knew very little about what was going on. My mom is still a bit miffed that she wasn't the first to know we were pregnant... although this time she was pretty close to the top of the list.
As Lut C says... I'm patiently waiting the next post. I'm 99% certain I subscribed as well :)
Ahh blogging elsewhere then?
Post a Comment
<< Home