Friday, June 17, 2011

Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better

So says my son who picked up my copy of Animal Farm an hour or two ago. He's finished it and was less than impressed with the book, he followed it up with statements like "gee the sheep were dumb".

On that note, I have stepped down from committee work and as I say "I have divorced my department". The fight for ethics and professional integrity is no longer one that I'll be involved in, it's just not my fight anymore. It feels good, I should have done this several months ago.

And the whole riot thing? Mainly three groups - professional rioters, a few homeless people and a number of spoiled, bored young people. I can't get very invested in it - arrest those those you can (kudos to people giving their pix to the police), charge and fine where appropriate. Then hopefully have some intelligent discourse about what went wrong and what to do next time.

My daughter and I were playing hockey on the driveway this afternoon (yes, It's Canada, we do that sort of thing). She said we were the Canucks and that we had just won - I asked her if we should break some windows to celebrate and she gave a resounding "NO". She's almost four and already gets it (or at least understands the politically correct answer).

If you have found your way here, I hope everything is going well. Actually I hope things are going well for you even if you didn't find your way here but ..well.. you'll never know.

DinoD

2 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

Divorced, though you still work there. Right?

What riots?

My daughters protests loudly whenever anyone crosses the road against a 'don't walk' sign. They don't have their mommy with them to tell them they can't, I said last time. Perhaps not the smartest answer. :-)

Some things are going well, others not so much. Same old, same old.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

Same old same old here... I love that you and your daughter were playing hockey that's fabulous. Sorry about the riots though ick.

I'm sorry about your department that's just sad and hard to deal with. It stinks. I'm glad it feels good to have divorced them though.

Okay off to bed as I must work tonight again...

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home